Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One night in Changi!

hey peeps,

I'll be arriving in Changi on a LH flight at 1700 on the 24th Dec and am currently waitlisted on a SIN-KUL redemption flight on the same day for their latest flight out to KUL. I just checked and there are seats on the next day 0600 flight out, so I'm thinking of taking that flight out to KUL. I was just wondering, is there anywhere in Changi I can put up for the night for a cheap cheap rate? Any suggestions?? Or should I go out to Singapore and explore a bit?

Thanks!

How cheap do you want ?

Have you looked at the airport transit hotel ?

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/

Comment

That's quite affordable really, 60 sing dollars! Thanks, I do remmeber seeing this in the Boarding Pass brochure thingie.

Comment

Book quickly (or should that be quikly! ), though. That place tends to fill up fast. Though I don't know how busy the airport will be on Christmas eve.

Comment

I would also like to suggest if you can, to book the T1 hotel instead of T2. Some T1 rooms have views whereas T2 rooms have no windows

Comment

Sorry to dig up this old thread...

I'm planning on connecting to the AM departure to SFO via ICN as I need to arrive the US early enough to make a domestic connection. However, there isn't any flight out of BKK or MNL that would allow me to connect to SQ 16. I figured that I'd just fly early out the previous day and spend the day in SIN. I haven't been to the city since 2004!

I found this thread but the recommendations are for the transit hotel. Is this recommended if I'm arriving SIN say before lunch, then leaving after breakfast the following day? Or is it perfectly hassle-free to go down to town during such a time? Is it possible to check-through my luggage from BKK or MNL, or would I have to check in again the following day? I can survive three days with only my rollaboard, so I want to "get rid" of my two checked luggages.

What hotel would you recommend in the city given such time? When I checked SQ Boarding Pass Privileges, Hotel Re @ Pearl's Hill and Moon @ 23 Dickinson Hotel were the least pricey.

Comment

Working...
            X