Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential SQTalk Do's

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    I told him I booked AA to JFK, instead of BA, in early May because of the uncertainty.
    An AA DO in NY?

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    An AA DO in NY?
    No, unfortunately too much life admin stuff to take care of (such as renewing my unused NY state driver's license ).

But watch out, you. I'm considering heading out to the West Coast (YVR or SF) in August. Are you up to hosting a Do then?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

A wedding on 08.08.08 or 20.08.2008 might happen if you follow the other thread. (Just kidding) ...
      Well, San Francisco DO should be fun. Hmm but I may not be able to travel though starting July 1...

Comment

Well, San Francisco DO should be fun. Hmm but I may not be able to travel though starting July 1...
        Quick...start new thread on SF Do

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          I am waiting....
          I will be the armtwister but a no show.

Comment

No problem - a Vancouver DO would be good fun as well and I hope you can attend that ?

I look forward to more nocturnal wandering around Granville and Davie.

Comment

I thought it might be useful to have a thread on potential Do's -- kinda like scratch paper before someone begins the process of planning something more definitive. Once things firm up, the discussion can move to its proper thread.

jjpb3

Plus it allows me to do some housekeeping.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                No problem - a Vancouver DO would be good fun as well and I hope you can attend that ?
                1. A YVR DO would be great! Never been. Any chance of seeing a grizzly bear?

2. BKK meet up on May10/11? Drinks or makan. jhm and I would be in BKK from Sat afternoon until Sunday night.

3. DPS meet up - May 30/31. If anyone is in the region, could arrange for drinks/makan etc.

4. A Kuching DO in August or posssibly the near future? Is that confirmed? Please let me know ASAP so that I can book my A/L and flights.

Comment

YVR Do will be great...later in the year please.. I did not get to savour YVR the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

4. A Kuching DO in August or posssibly the near future? Is that confirmed? Please let me know ASAP so that I can book my A/L and flights.
                    quash those rumours. ....we, in fact, have SuperJonJon who will tie the knot first.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      No, unfortunately too much life admin stuff to take care of (such as renewing my unused NY state driver's license ).
                      I would do that sooner rather than later. With REAL ID coming up, states are tightening up on issuing/renewal of drivers licenses. In Michigan, you can't get a state drivers license anymore unless you're a US citizen or permanent resident.

Comment

we, in fact, have SuperJonJon who will tie the knot first.
                        I'll pencil in around Nov/Dec then ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          I'll pencil in around Nov/Dec then ?
                          A pressure is on now for SQFAN.
                          08.08.08 sounds so good.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                            3. DPS meet up - May 30/31. If anyone is in the region, could arrange for drinks/makan etc.
                            I will be in Bali May 28-June 2. Anyone else?

Comment

Since I know how much those on SQTalk like their food, this might come in handy for SF DO.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/food/top100/2008cuisine

Comment

Working...
                              X