bd F credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bd F credit

hi everyone, i have recently flown 4 segments on United where i had purchased online economy class tix, and then paid at check-in to move up to F. When the miles credit to my BD account, i only get Y mileage. Can someone please tell me who i should contact so that i get proper 300% F credit for the mileage? thanks in advance.

Have you got your F Boarding Passes? Send a copy of them to BD with a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
      hi everyone, i have recently flown 4 segments on United where i had purchased online economy class tix, and then paid at check-in to move up to F. When the miles credit to my BD account, i only get Y mileage. Can someone please tell me who i should contact so that i get proper 300% F credit for the mileage? thanks in advance.
      There's the 'claim missing miles' form on their website. Log into the account, then click on 'claim missing miles' and 'claim for flights.' They seem to want you to print the form then send it to a UK address:
      bmi diamond club, PO Box 5050, Annesley, Nottingham NG15 0DL.

Perhaps best to include a note explaining that you've paid to upgrade to F at check in and include supporting documentation like receipts.

I wonder if anyone's used fax instead and got miles that way? Fax number is: +44 1623 724099
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 April 2008, 01:20 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

If you have trouble, PM Joanna in TOF.

Comment

First though, you need to ascertain whether you should actually get miles for F ? It's airline specific.

As an example, I took UA Y JFK-LHR and took advantage of the offer which I understand UA sometimes give at check-in of paying (about £300 IIRC) to upgrade to J. I only received Y miles in my KF account. I posted about this on TOF and understand from - IIRC SQ LPP and others - that that was correct.

OTOH, if you pay for an in-flight upgrade on BA, I understand (from reading - I've never done this) that you should get the miles/tier points for the upgraded flight.

Comment

UA is an upgrade airlines. There are hundreds of ways to upgrade on UA. Depending how the upgrade was processed. In general, if you pay the fare difference and have the ticket reissued, you should receive the F mileage. OTOH, if you pay to purchase upgrade certs, or a special buy-up offer at check-in, then you most likely will only receive the original paid class mileage. You generally need to show a ticket receipt with F/A,not NF, booking class to receive F mileage. taipeiflyer, you may want to look into -UP fares if you want to receive F mileage. They are available on many routes as First Class Restricted fares.

Comment

According to Joanna, when you pay for an upgrade 24 hours before departure on *A, you are only credited for the ORIGINAL booking class. I learned this lesson last year when I did so on US...which is why I now make sure I'm booking in A or F Class.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                According to Joanna, when you pay for an upgrade 24 hours before departure on *A, you are only credited for the ORIGINAL booking class. I learned this lesson last year when I did so on US...which is why I now make sure I'm booking in A or F Class.
                thank you very much everyone... BD is different than LH then. When I did this on LH before, I would always get F mileage. I am just bummed because I specifically asked the ticketing agent at UA if i would get F mileage before I paid for the upgrade, and she said "Yes."

Comment

thank you very much everyone... BD is different than LH then. When I did this on LH before, I would always get F mileage. I am just bummed because I specifically asked the ticketing agent at UA if i would get F mileage before I paid for the upgrade, and she said "Yes."
                  It's those very same UA agents who keep asking me who in the world is BMI and what is their two letter code.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                  X