PDA

View Full Version : Definition of "night" flight (for F amenity kit)

stargold
31st March 2008, 07:52 AM
A question about how SQ categorises its flights...

HKG-SIN is 3h40m so obviously day flights are not eligible for the F amenity kit / PJs. However, what about the flights that depart later in the evening?

SQ website stipulates that amenity kits are given out on day flights of 7 hours and more, and night flights of 3h30m or more. Do they mean a flight that passes the midnight mark, or do they mean flights that depart after a certain time?

PS. Also, on SQ873 HKG-SIN (2015 -> 2315), what meal is served? Is it Dinner? How is the Shi Quan Shi Mei offering, or is it better to BTC?

Thanks guys!

SQ LPP
31st March 2008, 07:55 AM
I know for sure that none of the flights to or from HKG gets any amenity kits and PJs. :wink: When SQ had CMB-SIN departing at 1am, amenity kits and PJs were given.

stargold
31st March 2008, 08:08 AM
3 mins for reply! Did you even have a chance to read the whole post? :D

Darn, I better get a spare on my SIN-ICN overnight flight then! :p

So what flights are actually between 3h30m and 7h, and count as "night flights"? There can't be that many that depart so late?

SQ All The Way
31st March 2008, 08:29 AM
3 mins for reply! Did you even have a chance to read the whole post? :D

Darn, I better get a spare on my SIN-ICN overnight flight then! :p

So what flights are actually between 3h30m and 7h, and count as "night flights"? There can't be that many that depart so late?

I agree with feedback below from SQ LPP. I recently flew SIN-HKG on SQ on a 744 as the config in F is similar to long haul SQ 744 aircraft flights. It's much better than the domestic or short haul 772 or 773's. Anyway, I was not given the amenity kit or PJ's on this sector.

There are a few flights between 3h30m and 7h that are considered night flights. Couple examples are:

1. SQ638 SIN-NRT. Dep 11:40pm, Arr 7:30am. Total 6hr 50min
2. SQ423 BOM-SIN. Dep 12:25am, Arr 8:20am. Total 5hr 25min3
3. SQ602 SIN-ICN. Dep 11:50pm, Arr 7:15am. Total 6hr 25min (your flight)

Cheers.

maxmin
1st April 2008, 08:50 AM
I've been told that the SIN-NRT-SIN flights get kits and PJs. One is 7h25 and the other 6h30.

kluau88
1st April 2008, 10:29 AM
I've been told that the SIN-NRT-SIN flights get kits and PJs. One is 7h25 and the other 6h30.

Received kits on SQ 638 and SQ 637. Should also be available on SQ 11 NRT-SIN, but not on SQ 12 SIN-NRT.

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 10:59 AM
Received kits on SQ 638 and SQ 637. Should also be available on SQ 11 NRT-SIN, but not on SQ 12 SIN-NRT.
I think you are right! :smile: SQ11 NRT-SIN offers PJs and kits, but not on SQ12 SIN-NRT as a day flight less than 7 hours...

StarG
1st April 2008, 11:38 AM
I think you are right! :smile: SQ11 NRT-SIN offers PJs and kits, but not on SQ12 SIN-NRT as a day flight less than 7 hours...

Actually IIRC SQ12 (SIN-NRT) is an exception to the rule - F passengers receive kits and PJs even though the flight time is slightly less than 7 hours.

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 11:59 AM
Actually IIRC SQ12 (SIN-NRT) is an exception to the rule - F passengers receive kits and PJs even though the flight time is slightly less than 7 hours.
I took SQ12 SIN-NRT in January and February, and no PJ and kits. But perhaps I had an anomaly in service. I should ask DeltaFlyingProf who just took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. Hope he remembers whether he got one or two. :wink: :biggrin:

Come to think of the day flight rule, I recalled last year I got PJs and kits for FRA-JFK. But recently I took SQ26 FRA-JFK, and I did not get any.

StarG
1st April 2008, 12:02 PM
Seems like your experience is more updated. :p
The last time I flew it was last year and I did receive an amenity kit and PJ. Perhaps something has changed this year.

taipeiflyer
1st April 2008, 01:17 PM
Seems like your experience is more updated. :p
The last time I flew it was last year and I did receive an amenity kit and PJ. Perhaps something has changed this year.

yea, more cutbacks! :rolleyes:

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 02:24 PM
yea, more cutbacks! :rolleyes:
Actually, SQ doesn't love me. :smile: I just checked with DeltaFlyingProf who took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. He said: "
I got PJs on both.
So 2 dark brown PJs."
There you go... I had the anomaly from the service between SIN-NRT.

DeltaFlyingProf
1st April 2008, 02:26 PM
I took SQ12 SIN-NRT in January and February, and no PJ and kits. But perhaps I had an anomaly in service. I should ask DeltaFlyingProf who just took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. Hope he remembers whether he got one or two. :wink: :biggrin:

Come to think of the day flight rule, I recalled last year I got PJs and kits for FRA-JFK. But recently I took SQ26 FRA-JFK, and I did not get any.
Yup, I took SQ12 3 days ago. Got the Kit and PJs on both SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX. Both times the dark coloured version of the PJs.
LSS asked if she could trade one of my male kits for a female one because they were short of male for the return. I said sure but she never acted on it.

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 02:29 PM
Yup, I took SQ12 3 days ago. Got the Kit and PJs on both SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX. Both times the dark coloured version of the PJs.
LSS asked if she could trade one of my male kits for a female one because they were short of male for the return. I said sure but she never acted on it.
I am crying now.... :cry:
SQ doesn't love me...
Took the same flights as yours but did not get any PJs nor kits.
:cry:

DeltaFlyingProf
1st April 2008, 02:36 PM
I am crying now.... :cry:
SQ doesn't love me...
Took the same flights as yours but did not get any PJs nor kits.
:cry:
I only used one of the PJs. I can give you the other one if that will console you! :wink:

DeltaFlyingProf
1st April 2008, 02:37 PM
But you will have to take a flight with VVIP to FRA to get it ;)

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 02:58 PM
I only used one of the PJs. I can give you the other one if that will console you! :wink:

But you will have to take a flight with VVIP to FRA to get it ;)
It's nice of you to offer. But no thanks. :smile:
FRA? Hmm that's somewhere I should stay away at the moment. :wink: :smile: It makes my stomach churning around. :redface2: :biggrin:

DeltaFlyingProf
1st April 2008, 03:03 PM
The little SQ bird (and you know how accurate they are!!!) told me you will not be allowed on another A380 unless you bow to the VVIP all the way to FRA :)

SQ LPP
1st April 2008, 03:13 PM
The little SQ bird (and you know how accurate they are!!!) told me you will not be allowed on another A380 unless you bow to the VVIP all the way to FRA :)
No wonder I had a disappointing SQ25 recently. :cry: Not enough bowing I guess. :smile:
More insults to the injury, once I got into SIN, little birds whispered the news that a LPP from Singapore have moved to Canada... :biggrin:

getonline
2nd April 2008, 01:48 AM
I'm scheduled for SQ16 in July from SIN>SFO. I'm coming off the MLE>SIN redeye flight arriving a few hours earlier. Are you saying that though I am in first class, I won't get an amenity kit nor pajamas (can I have my bed made?) until we leave ICN?

I'm going to be dead tired and will want to sleep ASAP upon departure. Will SQ not accomodate this in First class, since it's a day flight under 7 hours??? To me, SIN>ICN>SFO is a ~17 hour flight with a 1 hour technical stop!:frown:

DeltaFlyingProf
2nd April 2008, 02:50 AM
I'm scheduled for SQ16 in July from SIN>SFO. I'm coming off the MLE>SIN redeye flight arriving a few hours earlier. Are you saying that though I am in first class, I won't get an amenity kit nor pajamas (can I have my bed made?) until we leave ICN?

I'm going to be dead tired and will want to sleep ASAP upon departure. Will SQ not accomodate this in First class, since it's a day flight under 7 hours??? To me, SIN>ICN>SFO is a ~17 hour flight with a 1 hour technical stop!:frown:

I am sure you can say you are flying onward to SFO and you'd like the PJs on the first segment. I think they'd be happy to oblige. They may ask you to tell the next crew you already got your PJs, but at least you get them when you want them.

SQ LPP
2nd April 2008, 04:31 AM

I am sure you can say you are flying onward to SFO and you'd like the PJs on the first segment. I think they'd be happy to oblige. They may ask you to tell the next crew you already got your PJs, but at least you get them when you want them.

As far as I remember, since SQ16 changed to 77W, when taking SIN-ICN there is no amenity kits nor PJs distributed. Twice I think I had the chance to be alone in F and had the new crew on board 77W. We looked through the cabinets and could not find any. They were loaded later on at ICN.
But who knows... :smile:

Note: So you know now why I travel heavy. A PJ in the carryon. :wink:

kaysquare
3rd September 2013, 03:11 PM
As far as I remember, since SQ16 changed to 77W, when taking SIN-ICN there is no amenity kits nor PJs distributed. Twice I think I had the chance to be alone in F and had the new crew on board 77W. We looked through the cabinets and could not find any. They were loaded later on at ICN.
But who knows... :smile:

Note: So you know now why I travel heavy. A PJ in the carryon. :wink:

To resurrect an old thread.

What about an "evening" flight per SQ defintion? Those ex China flights at around 1600hours with flight time ~6hrs. Do they have the amenity kits too?

frolic
3rd September 2013, 04:47 PM

What about an "evening" flight per SQ defintion? Those ex China flights at around 1600hours with flight time ~6hrs. Do they have the amenity kits too?

2 months ago I was on SQ 833 that leaves PVG at around 16.30, I didn't get the amenity kits and I didn't ask for any. Maybe you can try asking for one from the crews, I'm sure they will give it to you if there is any.

StarG
3rd September 2013, 05:33 PM

No amenity kits on those flights.

kaysquare
3rd September 2013, 06:15 PM
No amenity kits on those flights.

thanks for clearing that up StarG

lsed
13th September 2013, 04:16 AM
BOM / DEL flights that depart at 7 / 8pm dont get the kits.

But the return at 11pm gets the kits.

SQ747
26th November 2013, 03:19 PM
I flew SYD-SIN on Suites recently and received PJs but no amenity kit. This was SQ 232, leaving around midday and is about 7 hours.

eminere™
2nd December 2013, 04:58 PM
Bump! What about SIN-SYD on SQ231 departing 0045?

StarG
2nd December 2013, 06:09 PM
Bump! What about SIN-SYD on SQ231 departing 0045?

Should be PJ eligible flight.
AFAIK all SYD flights are PJ & kits eligible.

eminere™
2nd December 2013, 08:56 PM
Should be PJ eligible flight.
AFAIK all SYD flights are PJ & kits eligible.
Thank you!

Sean
14th May 2014, 02:15 AM
I'm travelling from LHR to SIN and I depart at lunchtime, I take it that I will get PJs and amenity kit as the flight is 12hours?

Underachiever
14th May 2014, 05:01 AM
I'm travelling from LHR to SIN and I depart at lunchtime, I take it that I will get PJs and amenity kit as the flight is 12hours?
Yes you'll get both.

It's a long flight and overnight!

andrit
14th May 2014, 09:47 AM

Yes.
The PJ is given not by day or nite flight but I think by the duration of the flight. My flight from syd to sin was day time and 7.5 hours flight ( leaving in the morning and arrived sin late arvo), and a PJ was given.

LHR-SIN amenities; If you are on new first class, it will be ferragano, otherwise it will be sothys.

Calcjr23
17th August 2014, 08:53 PM
Any idea if SQ637 on the 77WN will get the PJs in F? Considering it's a block time of 7h and 10 mins. Thanks!

StarG
18th August 2014, 03:19 AM
Yes SQ637 is PJ eligible.

Calcjr23
18th August 2014, 06:47 AM
Yes SQ637 is PJ eligible.

Thank you!

Carfield
30th June 2016, 06:55 AM
Just curious if SQ is still doing the same PJ/Amenity kit policy, since I don't see them online anymore!

I wonder if SQ 12 SIN-NRT will have amenity kit/PJ!

On the same note, I remember that when I flew SQ 12 before A380, you only get one set of PJ/amenity kit in those through flights SIN-NRT-LAX. Does it still apply?

I wonder if flying SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK will yield one set or two sets of PJ/amenity kits?

Thanks,
Carfield

StarG
30th June 2016, 09:14 PM
SQ12 SIN-NRT they will give you a PJ and an amenity kit. If you continue to LAX, they will give you a new set of PJ on NRT-LAX sector, but no amenity kit. That is the rule as far as I understand. Same thing for SQ26.

hclee01
8th July 2016, 01:44 AM
A data point for reference.

Travelled on SQ826 (SIN-PVG) redeye flight in F class and got a PJ & amenity kit.

jimmyneurone
10th July 2016, 02:36 PM
Took this from another post (sorry can't remember which forum).
Singapore Airlines Amenity Kits are available only for:

a) Day flights between 0600hrs and 1800hrs, for flight durations in excess of 7 hours. SIN-NRT and SIN-HND are eligible; and
b) Evening flights between 1800hrs and 0600hrs, for flight durations in excess of 3.5 hours and which arrivals are after 0030hrs.

I have verified personally, SQ11 NRT-SIN, SQ12 SIN-NRT, SQ631 HND-SIN all have amenity kits and pyjamas.

Drkinder
25th August 2016, 08:30 PM
hello , Could anyone tell if PJ and Amenity kit are available on J for A350,as no F for this aircraft (maybe for A350-1000,later) for flights to Amserdam?

Pinkfloyd
26th August 2016, 10:53 PM
hello , Could anyone tell if PJ and Amenity kit are available on J for A350,as no F for this aircraft (maybe for A350-1000,later) for flights to Amserdam?

No PJ's for J. Unsure about the amenity though...

alian
27th August 2016, 01:14 PM

SQ does not provide either in J regardless of aircraft only F is given so if aircraft does not have F cabin it does not matter.

labixiaoxin
3rd April 2017, 01:15 AM
Can the PJs be brought home? I flew F last time but didn't bother asking. Paiseh

alian
3rd April 2017, 02:26 AM
Can the PJs be brought home? I flew F last time but didn't bother asking. Paiseh

Yes, I have a few and they are quite comfy

Pinkfloyd
3rd April 2017, 03:15 AM

You can even ask for a new set to bring back. I asked them for a set in S for my wife an they were more than happy to give me one. This was on a HND-SIN flight.

SQ380
11th December 2019, 09:16 PM
Took this from another post (sorry can't remember which forum).
Singapore Airlines Amenity Kits are available only for:

a) Day flights between 0600hrs and 1800hrs, for flight durations in excess of 7 hours. SIN-NRT and SIN-HND are eligible; and
b) Evening flights between 1800hrs and 0600hrs, for flight durations in excess of 3.5 hours and which arrivals are after 0030hrs.

I have verified personally, SQ11 NRT-SIN, SQ12 SIN-NRT, SQ631 HND-SIN all have amenity kits and pyjamas.

I will be flying in Suites on SQ637 next March 2020. Any advice if Amenity kits will be provided?

AsiaCommuter
13th December 2019, 07:47 AM
Yes, you will receive an amenity kit and pajamas should you wish. We just flew this sector in Suites, and have done several times before on various dates in Suites and or F, this has never changed in my experience.

SQ380
13th December 2019, 11:09 AM
Yes, you will receive an amenity kit and pajamas should you wish. We just flew this sector in Suites, and have done several times before on various dates in Suites and or F, this has never changed in my experience.

Thank you, sorry but just to check, the sector you flew in suites was NRT-SIN and specifically on SQ637 yes? :)

AsiaCommuter
13th December 2019, 08:33 PM
Yes, specifically SQ637 ex-NRT, the same experience on the red-eye the other direction.