Date: 8th March 2008
    Flight: SQ269 SIN to ADL
    Aircraft: 9V-SRP (AVOD)
    Class: Business

Scheduled departure time: 11:50 PM
    Actual departure time: 11:54 PM
    Scheduled arrival: 09:05 AM
    Actual arrival: 8:58AM

I was scheduled to go on my first C flight in nearly 2 years, so I was looking forward to this event! I had just got off a 14 hour flight in Y from FRA and decided to go home for a few hours between flights. I did OLCI before leaving FRA before but there was only one of the middle C seats available, which wasn’t ideal. Luckily I didn’t print my boarding pass so I could change seats at a later time, and about 4 hours before my flight an aisle seat became available.

OLCI - Middle seat
    [IMG][/IMG]

OLCI - Aisle seat
    [IMG][/IMG]

After having dinner at East Coast Park I proceeded to Changi T3 and the business class check in desks. The girl doing check-in wasn’t particularly friendly, but I got checked in & had a bit of a walk around T3.

Changi T3
    [IMG][/IMG]

I then went to check out the much talked about T3 Silver Kris Lounge. It was very busy! I had to search for some time to find a seat! It was ok as far as lounges go, but as already discussed here, they could have done more, much more.

I got to the gate about 25 minutes before scheduled departure to find long queues still remaining (is it just me or are Y pax leaving it later & later getting to the gate, meaning long queues usually exist shortly before takeoff). There was one queue for Y pax, another Priority Queue for Premium Passengers (equally as long, and equally full of Y passengers). I “excused” myself to the front of the priority queue, showing my boarding pass and got through security quickly.

The aircraft was already boarding however there were no FAs to greet me as I entered the plane. When one saw me walk onboard she chased after me and proceeded to show me to my seat.

Panorama of C seats
    [IMG][/IMG]

Menu and drink before take-off
    [IMG][/IMG]

When I got the menu I was disappointed to read that *one* meal would be served on this flight (I had flown this route 2 months earlier in Y and we were served 2 meals in Y with the same flight timings). I had not eaten much for dinner as I thought there would be a feast onboard the flight! So I was confronted with a choice of eating after takeoff or before landing. I had done BTC and I was hungry so I had my meal shortly after takeoff.

Book the Cook - Oven-roasted corn fed chicken breast, tarragon jus, and creamy polenta
    [IMG][/IMG]

After the meal I asked if there were any sweets or dessert. The FA smiled & said that there aren’t any on this flight. However he did get me some more hot peanuts. I felt like there was a more complete meal selection in Y by this time!

After a few hours sleep it was breakfast time. I had already had my meal but was feeling peckish so I asked if there were any snacks available? The FA asked if I’d like a meal, so I had the American Breakfast (incidentially the jam - Berenberg - is made in the Adelaide Hills, which was to be my final destination!). Ok, so in the end I got the meals I thought we would, but I was a bit disappointed nonetheless.

American Breakfast
    [IMG]/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The flight landed slightly early (as it often does on this route), we had a short taxi to the gate & my bags were some of the first to arrive. After having *all* of my bags searched by customs, I went to arrivals & was home in the 40 degree weather again!

Stay tuned, to be continued....
    Last edited by super bean flicker; 22 February 2009, 10:01 AM.

Date: 15th March 2008
    Flight: SQ268 ADL to SIN
    Aircraft: 9V-SRD (no AVOD)
    Class: Economy

Scheduled departure time: 01:05PM
    Actual departure time: 12:58PM
    Scheduled arrival: 05:40PM
    Actual arrival: 05:22PM

On my return from ADL to SIN i had the chance to take some more photos. It started one day earlier when I was on the banks of the River Torrens. I looked at my watch and at 13:07 (right on time) I saw SQ268 taking off from Adelaide Airport bound for Singapore.

SQ268 ADL to SIN
    [IMG][/IMG]

The next day at the airport I went to the Business/*G check in queue (which was empty!). I was travelling in Y and the check in agent didn’t look too impressed that I was checking in at that desk even after I displayed my *G card. Even then she double checked it, looked it up on the computer to check it’s still valid, and then she allowed me to check in. She wasn’t going to put the priority tags on the luggage either until she checked with her colleagues & discovered that it is allowed.

After checking in & saying the goodbyes I went to the SilverKris lounge. It’s a nice lounge & never too busy (as there is only 1 flight a day it serves). I always look forward to having my last “Pale Ale” and meat pie before leaving the country there.

SilverKris Lounge
    [IMG][/IMG]

We boarded & departed on time. I got some nice views of the City of Adelaide and Adelaide Oval on our ascent.

The City of Adelaide - literally one square mile
    [IMG][/IMG]

Adelaide Oval & Parklands
    [IMG][/IMG]

I chose a window seat as from my experience SQ268 goes directly over Uluru (or Ayres Rock). I wanted to take some pics as it will be the closest I get to going there. Usually the Flight Path on IFE shows you where you are in the world, however only the text based screens displayed on our flight until we left Australian airspace. It was only closer to Singapore that the maps appeared so we knew where we were. So I knew what time it was in Adelaide & Singapore, but I didn’t know when to look out for Uluru, or if we were flying in that direction).

On a side note, 3 or 4 years back on this route, the captain actually announced that we would by flying over Uluru shortly and said that people on the left hand side of the plane could see it. A few minutes later he then manoeuvred the plane & announced that its now visible for those on the right hand side of the plane. Not sure if this was authorised or not, but it was nice of him to be our tour guide in the sky!

So instead of the Uluru photos, here are some of the dry Australian continent

Salt lakes
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The flight was all going to plan when before I knew it, we were getting our second meal/refreshment & about to land. The crew left it late for the meal service. I got mine as the captain announced “30 minutes to landing”. My tray was only cleared away a few minutes before landing - after the captain had announced for the first time “Cabin crew to your landing stations”

We touched down early (always good!) and I through the efficient Changi airport within 10 minutes.

The waters surrounding Singapore
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Safra Golf Course & the shadow of our plane
    [IMG][/IMG]

As we're landing at Changi
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for reading, menus to follow...
    Last edited by super bean flicker; 22 February 2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Business Menu cover
      [IMG][/IMG]

Menu options (i'm glad I chose BTC)
      [IMG][/IMG]

Economy menu cover - just as I suspected, SIN - ADL 2 meals served in Y, 1 in J
      [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by super bean flicker; 22 February 2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Hope you had a great week in ADL. You certainly caught us during one of our hot dry spells (15 days straight of 35C+ temperatures). I bet you were glad to get back to SIN.

Given the success of the extra SIN/ADL/SIN flight during Dec to Feb it will be great if SQ increase capacity on this route permanently. Also with ADL being a regional destination it will be great if we see the A333 when they start to be delivered.

Comment

Coopers green! One of the best pale ales EVER!

I hope you also got to try Little Creatures pale ale? It is from a boutique brewery in Westralia but has been increasingly common across the country.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Great report! ADL's my fave airport to enter Australia from

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far.

soak01 - I don't mind the heat, especially the Adelaide dry heat. Although you could see it is so dry at the moment - I hope you get some rain soon! As for the extra flight over the summer months, to be honest I've flown this route 10 times or so and I've *never* seen it full, even at Christmas time! Then there was the time during SARS and I had 5 rows in Economy to myself, but thats a different story...

sqflyergirl - Yes i agree ADL is good to enter australia, especially if you are at the front of the plane, as you'll get to the immigration desks with no queue. its pretty smooth sailing as there are no other international flights at that time of day .

keithmel - Its always good to go back to the home of "Coopers" - I try to have a few when I'm there. Their advertising is clever too. My mates were talking about Little Creatures but I didn't have a chance to try it... I'll have to look out for it when I'm back at Christmas time.

Coopers ad at Adelaide Airport, Departures
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by super bean flicker; 22 February 2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X