KevSQ - Pictorial Report (PEN - HKG - PEN) on SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevSQ - Pictorial Report (PEN - HKG - PEN) on SQ

Guys & gals, this is more on a pictorial report....I am sure all of you guys is so excited about A380 (same goes to me) but i thought of just putting this trip up to refresh all of us the great view of 77w...Here it goes...

Woke up pretty early (as i could not sleep the night before) to Penang International Airport to board my flight to SIN on SQ 191 @ 10.30am. Morning rush was on at the airport as there is TG flight to BKK, Air asia, MH flight domestically & not to mention SQ to SIN which i was on. Checking in was brief as i was early (SQ do not sell F in PEN - SIN sector) and cleared the imigration within minutes. Went straight to Silver Kris lounge which was located above the departure hall where MH & CX's lounge were also located.

The lounge was actually full of PPS & SA*G pax as when i board the plane, not as many pax it was in the J class as per compared to what i saw in the lounge. Boarding begins at 10.00am which i actually took a slow walk to the gate a took some pic on the way there

Saw Kartika Airlines (an Indonesian airlines) on a 737

This is my aircraft taking me to SIN...777-200ER

As soon i board the plane, i was offered a champange which then the FS came and pass me a hot towel. I was seated at 16A - right the back to J class - pretty nice seat as you can view the whole J from there

Very comfortable seats for a 1hr and 20 mins flight time...

We taxied the runway at 10.35am

Seen here is the Korean Air Cargo...

Air asia A319 ready to taxi to the runway bound Bangkok from Penang

Flying above Bayan Lepas (Where Penang International Airport located)

Light meal on board

Decending to Changi airport T2....

Arrived on gate E20 @ 11.50am

777 (9V - SRN) getting ready for departure

744 (9V - SMS)

Great view of the s'pore wheel...

Last edited by KevSQ; 26 March 2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Did not do much the day before in S'pore as it was raining the whole day since i reach at 12pm....stayed in Novotel Clarke Quay and next morning, was looking forward for a great flight on the 77w (SQ 862). Took the premium cab to Changi's new T3...

This is at the F class check in...taxi drivers need to be very carefully as if they miss the f class departure hall, they need to take a full U to the airport again....The SQ person was there to greet me when i arrived outside the door

Not many pax - only one famlily checking in

The new F boarding pass

Nice view of the arrival hall downstairs

The first class departure hall....the immigration did not take more than 10 seconds to let me through...hmm..perhaps the class makes a different huh??

In the departure hall...Flight info...

As i stroll through gate A, guess who i saw??!! Mr. Biggie!! Getting prepared for the night flight to LHR

Last edited by KevSQ; 26 March 2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

After discovering the new T3, went straight to SQ F lounge located near the concourse area level 2.

In the lounge area...

After spending an hour in the lounge, it's time for me to go to the gate for my flight at 11am...My departure gate was A5

Comment

Boarding begins at 10.20am with PPS club, Star A*G, F & J...As i walk through the aerobridge, i can actually see the cabin and guess what????? My heart stopped as soon as i saw it was a 777-200 taking me to HKG instead of the 77w.....That has already spoilt my day at that moment...after i booked this flight just to be on the 77w

The pax beside me was also complaining about the change of the aircraft...

* I guess it was actually being used to Houston (it was their first flight on that day - 20/3/08) @ 9.55am on a 77w

The plate design is slightly differ from the ones on 77w

Comment

Nice pictorial report, KevSQ! Sorry to hear about the equipment swap. I hope you got the 77W on the return flight.

Comment

On Saturday, decided to make a trip to Macau (my first time there after so many times in HKG). Took the turbojet ferry (super class)

The subway station to Macau ferry terminal (Admiralty - Sheung ***)

Turbojet ticket

Pretty comfortable seats on board

Meals on board

In Macau...Taipa

Tasty seafood....

Over the other side of the river is China (Zuhai)

Macau tower...

Comment

Ladies market in Mongkok...

The Hong Kong Jockey Club....for gamblers!!

This lady sells "smelly bean curd"

View of my hotel room - Langham Place, Mongkok HKG

Comment

On Monday morning, as soon as i reached the airport, quickly went to the check in counter and check whether my flight that bringing me back to SIN (SQ 861) is a 77w....& YES!!

The cable car bringing you up to the hill....

This is the photo of Cathay Pacific's HQ

Catering services dept...

View of HKIA from outside..

At the check in counter - F class (Aisle D)

Comment

Right after check in, went stright to the imigration - which again is a norm - too many people on queue...

Took a stroll in the departure hall with some photos taken...

SQ 863 - 773 off to SIN

Great view of the CX's aircraft

LH on to Munich

Last edited by KevSQ; 26 March 2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Wasted no time and went to a few duty free shops and bought some things and went straight to silverkris lounge - Fclass (newly refurbished)

View in SQ's F lounge

The bar...

I expected Dom Perignon

Comment

Spend 45 mins in the lounge and off to take a walk elsewhere and then straight to the departure gate...

View of the 77w taking me to SIN

Boarding time

Comment

On board the 77w

We taxied at 4.10pm - slightly late as there were late arrivals from other aircraft

View of another CX

Comment

View from 1A when we are taking off

Amenities - Just socks and slippers

F Menu

The western menu looks better to me

Wines & Champange

Krug & Dom....!!

Great dining experience on the 77w - nice cutleries

Comment

After the meal, watched a movie called "brothers" and the i asked the FS to covert my seat to the bed....too comfortable...

[IMG]

Me getting comfortable....

The Lavatory...

Comment

Working...
                              X