Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoted S$2800 for FRA-ARN return ticket

Hi folks,

A colleague (S'pore based) was quoted by Global Travel (S'pore travel agent) S$2800 for a return ticket FRA->ARN->FRA (ARN is Arlanda airport in Stockholm) on LH economy class. Colleague is in FRA for a project and needs to visit Stockholm for a short trip.

LH website quoted between S$400-S$800 (depending on day of travel).

Reason for the high price quoted by Global Travel was they have to issue the ticket at FULL FARE as it does not ex-SIN.

Is that a valid reason or is Global Travel trying to be funny ?

Like your views on this.

We do our booking through Global Travel at work too & they do the same things to us... I'm not sure if its all travel agencies but we get quoted very high fares for flights that aren't ex SIN.

Just book the flight online if you can...

Comment

They are either trying to cheat you or they are incompetent. Either way, you should find a different travel agent.

Comment

I have recently booked Malaga to Stockholm, Stockholm to Bremen via Frankfurt and price was S$2463 exclude taxes...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

They're probably hiding behind place of sale restrictions. It's easier for them to say those cheap fares can't be sold, rather than having to read through several pages of rules.....

Comment

if its full fare, then purchase direct from LH website will be the exact fare. Travel agents will charge service fee on top of LH website fare. Nowadays LH, SQ..etc website fares are travel agent nett fare. The only advantage of travel agents are they can waitlist yr seat if its full but airline website can't..

Comment

Most TAs in Singapore are unable to book regular cheap fares as ABACUS prohibits them from doing so. And many agents honestly do not know that the fare they quote is anything different cos they have no idea where the cities are... until you tell them that the distance is about between SIN and BKK.

Comment

also try booking with SAS instead of Lufthansa - the fares are much cheaper from what i've found.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  They are either trying to cheat you or they are incompetent. Either way, you should find a different travel agent.
                  Dude, mind your tounge. You could be sued with yourpants down for such a statement.

However, the situation is true realsitically with Global where they tend to issue full fare tickets if you need to travel on other other airlines which SQ has the weakest links. Mind you, they ever quoted me either an exorbhitant fare for a trip with SIN, SFO, NRT and PVG or I had to make connections like SIN>>SFO>>>SIN>>>NRT>>>SIN>>PVG>>>SIN booked as different PNRs. I blinked an eye and told my company TA that she could put me on UA from SFO to PVG and then I'd take ANA from PVG to NRT by virtue of *A. Although the fare wasn't anywhere cheaper, it sure beat having to transit Changi 3 times for one trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X