QC2 vs QC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QC2 vs QC3

Which one is better if anyone has tried both.

I see that CGK has QC3.

I go to the Bose store often and try it, but I can't justify spending almost $350+ on headphones is it worth it

It really depends on what kind of headphones you like. If you active-noise cancelling headphones, then Bose would be the way to go.

QC3:
    PROs: small form factor, fits on-ear, rechargable battery
    CONs: price, special battery, limited battery life

QC2:
    PROs: fits over-ear, regular battery
    CONs: larger form factor, price

I'm more of a QC1 fan myself being that the battery life lasted forever with some tradeoffs (being the battery pack).

But if you're an audiophile, none of the Bose will do well because of that electronic whirring sound. If you're big into music and want great reproduction, maybe look into noise-isolating headphones - also called canalphones. Shure and Etymotics are two well known brands. I think they do a far better job than the Bose and they're far more convenient to carry around. Oh yeah, they're also about 1/3 of the price.

Comment

For Canalphones, you should look at Ultimate Ears. Have tried the Shures, E2,3&5 and I prefer the Ultimate Ears SuperFi5 Pros over them. Shop around and you may find them as low as $180. Couple of weeks back, a group of us musicians/audio engineers; not from here; bought 11 pairs together. Everyone has been raving about them; including ex-Shure users.

But at the end of the day, buy what sounds best and feels most comfortable to your ears and of course your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
        For Canalphones, you should look at Ultimate Ears. Have tried the Shures, E2,3&5 and I prefer the Ultimate Ears SuperFi5 Pros over them. Shop around and you may find them as low as $180. Couple of weeks back, a group of us musicians/audio engineers; not from here; bought 11 pairs together. Everyone has been raving about them; including ex-Shure users.

But at the end of the day, buy what sounds best and feels most comfortable to your ears and of course your pocket.
        Oh yeah. Them too. I hear they're good.

9V-JKL, what makes the SuperFi5 Pro better than the E3c (that's what I have right now)?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          Oh yeah. Them too. I hear they're good.

9V-JKL, what makes the SuperFi5 Pro better than the E3c (that's what I have right now)?
          Details IMHO. I like details so they work for me. I do some audio work so being able to listen to details helps me learn how other engineers mix and helps me down the road. Having said that, do test them if you can and make your own judgement.
          Last edited by 9V-JKL; 11 December 2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

GT84do you have any links to the headphones you are talking about. I never heard of them and I will love to find a retail store that might have them on display

Comment

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5
              http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...-Pro-white.htm

Shure E3C
              http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...pa_E3c_content

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani
                GT84do you have any links to the headphones you are talking about. I never heard of them and I will love to find a retail store that might have them on display
                Since you're in SNA, head to SCP. They have a number of the Shures and Ultimate Ears at the Apple Store. Only problem is that you can't take them out for a test drive for sanitary reasons.

Shure has a 30-day money-back guarantee if you want to try them at home: http://shure.com/PersonalAudio/Produ...ries/index.htm

I don't know if Ultimate Ears offers some similar test-drive: http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/superfi.htm

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  Since you're in SNA, head to SCP. They have a number of the Shures and Ultimate Ears at the Apple Store. Only problem is that you can't take them out for a test drive for sanitary reasons.

Shure has a 30-day money-back guarantee if you want to try them at home: http://shure.com/PersonalAudio/Produ...ries/index.htm

I don't know if Ultimate Ears offers some similar test-drive: http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/superfi.htm
                  Thank you

So any apple store will have it

I guess I should head there before I leave next week

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                    Thank you

So any apple store will have it

I guess I should head there before I leave next week
                    Thank 9V-JKL too.

The Apple Store will have both headphones, but the downside is that they'll sell them at retail price, whereas you can get them for a lot cheaper at other places. The other thing is that you won't be able to try any the Shures or Ultimate Ears out there. That's why if you're still unsure, "buy" them from Shure online first, test them for 30 days, return it, and get it for a much cheaper price at another store. I can't say if Ultimate Ears has the same policy. 9V-JKL maybe can shed some light on that.

Comment

Anyone got a pair of Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro which I've just noticed from here:

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-ap...-ue-10-pro.php

US$950 but then again, they are custom made to fit YOUR ears.

I bought my Etys ER-4P's from the above company 3-4 years ago (US$270 then) and whilst I've been happy with them, they ARE slightly uncomfortable after hours of use.
                      Last edited by jhm; 29 January 2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I personally prefer QC3 (since I have already bought it yesterday ). The QC2 is too big for my liking and u need to have spare AAA battery on hand. The QC3's battery are rechargeable and for the package I bought in HKG, they throw in an additional battery as well. The smaller QC3 also fits my ear better (since I am small size ). In fact, I am using it right now...hehehe...

Comment

Always wanted to try a Bose one, to hear the difference. On my first Raffles class experience, the headphones were quite good. I'm just using a Sony entry-level NC earphones...the bass is truly lacking but it DOES cancel noise
                          Last edited by quik!; 4 February 2007, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I was at a Bose shop today, and tried on one of those QC3, wow, truly impressed with that. The thing I like about this set is that it doesn't irritate your ears, it just sits nicely on your ears and cancels most of the noisy surrounding. The sound quality is amazing and really really wanna own a pair!

But the price tag...WOW! Can only dream...

Comment

If you will take enough long-haul flights over the course of the headphones' life cycle, then IMO the expense is well worth it, quik. The quiet and the ability to hear the (SQ ) IFE clearly, will make the long flights much more civilized.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X