Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone done a Suvarnabhumi - Don Muang or VV transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone done a Suvarnabhumi - Don Muang or VV transfer?

Just wondering what is a realistic connection time to build,

and how long it'd take to cross town to get from one to the other.

Any ideas?

Did it once on a Mon about lunchtime BKK-DMK. All in from de-planing to check-in took just over an hr.

Fortunately immigration queue was very short at that time on that day and I had no checked bags so through in 10mins. Went to counter for Taxi and waited about 10mins for the order processing and waiting for the taxi. Taxi ride was about 40mins, minimal traffic. I built in 3.5hrs for the connection just in case that day but on that day was a bit excessive.

Enjoy the lounge in DMK, you have a 'private' walkway from the lounge to the security screening.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Did it once on a Mon about lunchtime BKK-DMK. All in from de-planing to check-in took just over an hr.

Fortunately immigration queue was very short at that time on that day and I had no checked bags so through in 10mins. Went to counter for Taxi and waited about 10mins for the order processing and waiting for the taxi. Taxi ride was about 40mins, minimal traffic. I built in 3.5hrs for the connection just in case that day but on that day was a bit excessive.
      Actually, i'm thinking the other way around, more like DMK-BKK, so no immigration queues inbound. That OUGHT to be faster right? The connection time I'm looking at is 2hrs 55.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Enjoy the lounge in DMK, you have a 'private' walkway from the lounge to the security screening.
      Yeah, i remember that one, very nice, next to gate 60ish.
      Sorry, got no pics of it, cause I didn't have a camera. Dog ate it, IIRC.

Comment

2.55 hours should cut it. There should be almost no traffic on the highways. As long as the driver uses the tollway and highway the whole way you should be there within an hour from deplaning. Hopefully you don't have to make the strict SQ 45 min checkin cut off :o

Comment

Working...
        X