Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD Query

Quick questions ...

I have a paid tix SIN-NRT. However, I like my friend to join me. Will I be able to make a BD redemption booking for my friend using my BD miles (ie 1 pax)?

The reason I ask is that normally the account holder is also travelling using the redemption but not in this case.

Can someone also shed light about what I very briefly read about buying BD miles for another person? Thanks.

...gotta dash.

Yes, you can redeem your BD miles for a ticket for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Yes, you can redeem your BD miles for a ticket for someone else.
      Would they require the member (him/herself) to travel with?

I am planning to spend those 9K freebie miles in my sister and mum's account for myself,could I just do this online (log on their account) and pay the surcharges by my credit card?

Comment

Originally posted by ny911 View Post

I am planning to spend those 9K freebie miles in my sister and mum's account for myself,could I just do this online (log on their account) and pay the surcharges by my credit card?
        Depends on which "batch" you got. Some have the "can only be used for self" condition attached to them.

Comment

No.

You can't redeem *A awards online. You have to call DC and do that. Also, I think you'll have to get yourself "authorized" to issue awards from your sister's and mum's account, which they can reportedly do by calling DC.

Comment

Presumambly it'll be easier to just ask them to phone, authenticate themselves (BD account number, name, address and DOB) and pass the phone over to you.

Comment

Thanks Guys - much appreciated. Now to get moving to get my Mum on her first redemption tix. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                ...... get my Mum on her first redemption tix.....
                first or FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  first or FIRST
                  She will NEVER go for FIRST. She gave me such grief last year that I won't do it as she says she does not deserve it.

Comment

Question

As a BD Gold member, when flying SQ Y and crediting the miles to BD, will I get the 25% bonus?
                    Thank you!

Comment

Yes, you'll get the 25%

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply.
                        I need to top up my BD miles bank.

Comment

Working...
                        X