This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whipped cream waltz in VIE?

Fancy a whipped cream waltz and Mozart Balls?

It's really not as kinky as it sounds! (*paging SQ LPP). Just a simple DO in VIE - Viennese patisserie, Austrian food and highbrow events if you're that way inclined.

Should we leave it to our VIE residents - FLO and hon2 to organise the event?

Just thought I'd start the thread first to gauge the level of interest. For people who are interested, which months would be more convenient? More importantly, which months are convenient for the VIE residents?

Thanks!

Edit to add list of attendees:

Confirmed:
    florianwagner (VIE host)
    hon2 (??)
    KeithMEL
    RoseFPS
    jhm
    phaleesy
    More Champagne Sir?
    N_Architect

Tentative:
    Lobster
    jjpb3
    Traveloguy

Dates of DO: 27 to 28 September 2008
    Last edited by phaleesy; 17 March 2008, 06:28 PM.

It sounds like phaleesy is inviting herself to VIE courtesy of the VIE resident SQTalkers.

Mmmm, Viennese food here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...3977#post43977

Comment

I'm in TXL in Sept (27SEP-01OCT). I suppose I could always try to fit in VIE if this DO happens. Plus the LM Wien is so trendy!

This philistine will have to opt out of the "highbrow events" though.

edit: Come to think of it, Mum was looking at VIE for the next family holiday in addition to the shopping trip to Italy.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The 27 Sept weekend is directly after the SZG Do ? More Mozart Balls!

Comment

I would be glad to whip up a DO program together with my travelfella petz from FT and hon2 if he wants to ... unfortunately he seems to be posting here just once in a while.

In fact Vienna offers a great variety of things to do in September. There's always classical music, good food, exquisit stays, nice places to visit (sightseeing) etc ...

So I'd say anything between August and October would be nice as it won't be too cold, nor too hot here. Vienna is actually really great in autumn
          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I would love to do a VIE DO. Sept might be possible but it is too far away for me to say for sure at the moment.

Comment

I hope you don't mean those random concerts for tourists. If you guys wanna enjoy a real Viennaese concert we should go to Musikverein, in which the Wiener Philarmonika performs.
              I personally would recommend you guys hotels, located in the city (1st district). The 2 coolest hotels are the Le meridien, or the Ring, which had been opened like 2 months ago. If you wanna stay Vienna-like, though, then go for the Hotel Sacher, Imperial or Grand Hotel. Those hotels have a really nice Viennaese charm and, most of the rooms look like you are staying in a room of the Hofburg.

greetings from Vienna
              hon2
              You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                I hope you don't mean those random concerts for tourists. If you guys wanna enjoy a real Viennaese concert we should go to Musikverein, in which the Wiener Philarmonika performs.
                No, we went to one such concert for tourists in Salzburg and phaleesy hasn't stopped complaining about it. We used to go quite often to Covent Garden so an opera could also be a possibility.

Of course, if KeithMEL is going to be around, we'd have to arrange to meet up with him afterwards as he'd find all these entertainments far too common for his tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  I'm in TXL in Sept (27SEP-01OCT). I suppose I could always try to fit in VIE if this DO happens.
                  Would the weekend of 27 Sept - 28 Sept be okay?

Comment

I'm interested, but only as a tentative attendee for now. I've always wanted to go back to Vienna as a tourist.

P.S. I love how phaleesy suggested a Do, and volunteered others to be the hosts. To echo post #4, sehr ballsy!
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      Of course, if KeithMEL is going to be around, we'd have to arrange to meet up with him afterwards as he'd find all these entertainments far too common for his tastes.
                      Unless you're volunteering your shoulder for me to snooze on.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Would the weekend of 27 Sept - 28 Sept be okay?
                      That would be cool indeed. I will go tweak my flights when this is confirmed.

I think I'm going to be arriving late-ish on the 27th.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 March 2008, 07:49 AM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

P.S. - is 4 nights in VIE an overkill? I remember someone saying there's zero nightlife there?!

I just realised that it's a hassle fitting in VIE-TXL on my GLOBx (OW global explorer - has miles restriction) and I might be better off spending all 4 nights in VIE and skipping TXL entirely?

Comment

P.S. - is 4 nights in VIE an overkill?
                          For you, Keith, I think 1 night in VIE would be enough let alone 4 nights!

(LM booked at a flexible rate.)

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            For you, Keith, I think 1 night in VIE would be enough let alone 4 nights!

Umm... what do our resident VIE experts reckon?

Or perhaps they could also whip up a 'night program.'

Comment

P.S. - is 4 nights in VIE an overkill? I remember someone saying there's zero nightlife there?!

I just realised that it's a hassle fitting in VIE-TXL on my GLOBx (OW global explorer - has miles restriction) and I might be better off spending all 4 nights in VIE and skipping TXL entirely?

Or perhaps they could also whip up a 'night program.'
                              Just spend the Do night(s) in Vienna and hop on (VIE is, after all, the hub city of a major airline that isn't OW and so won't use up your mileage allowance) to a city with a 'nightlife' before continuing your journey. When there's a will, there's a way. Really, though, if you wanted 'nightlife' in Europe, why didn't you plan on London, Paris, Barcelona, Prague, or such cities?

And naughty naughty, have you not been sharing your language courses with us? Are you anticipating being conversant in German? Even Berlin's nightlife -- to be fully appreciated, IMHO -- needs a passing knowledge of German.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X