Cheapest *A RTW fares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest *A RTW fares?

does anybody know what the cheapest prices are for *A rtw's in F? Including SQ-only... all i can find are ex-usa prices. That info is pretty valuable to me since i book all my flights on *A carriers. also keithmel- you should fly to tpe and then on to MNL. =) it's only about 200 US for RT fares ex-tpe to the phillipines... plus, we would have a great time in taiwan.

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    does anybody know what the cheapest prices are for *A rtw's in F? Including SQ-only... all i can find are ex-usa prices. That info is pretty valuable to me since i book all my flights on *A carriers. also keithmel- you should fly to tpe and then on to MNL. =) it's only about 200 US for RT fares ex-tpe to the phillipines... plus, we would have a great time in taiwan.
    Don't worry TPE is on the cards. Will be flying over from HKG actually.

You might find this xls file helpful - it contains all RWSTAR prices eff May 07.

NZ's version of the rules here (pdf file).

As for the SQ-only rtw (FEZSQ), ex-TPE seems competitive at USD5957.

For comparisons' sake, ex-SIN is USD8263, whilst ex-Oz is over 8k last I checked. For some reason expertflyer is not returning fares from a few locations.

Hope that assists.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 12 March 2008, 07:13 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Oh btw - I have no idea how *A intends to cope with mandatory e-ticketing. Currently you're allowed 24 segments on *A rtws in addition to the mileage restriction (unless this has changed since i last checked). Etickets can only contain no more than 16 segments including surface segments - and yes technically surface segments are segments for the purpose of ticketing as they incur a -VOID- coupon. So to get an eticket you need to have no more than 16 'slots' on the ticket.

There must also be dates on every segment - open dating apparently causes some GDSes to spit out paper tickets.

I hope they are more creative than OW. OW is simply going to cut the segment allowance to 16 come mandatory eticketing.

My friend who works for Amadeus told me that they can produce 20 segment etickets but in an alliance you have so many different airline systems and unfortunately the weakest link (ie Sabre-based airlines) dictates what happens.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

keithmel, thanks so much for the info. can you please tell me how to book an sq-only ex-tpe, as my pps coordinator said that sq-only rtw's only are available for whY. here is the email i received from her on feb 13 when i wrote to her for the info:
        Dear TaipeiFlyer,

Happy Lunar New Year to you ! My family and I had a wonderful time in Denpasar, thank you.

Following is the RTW fare for your reference. The fare quote below is not including tax/fuel/security surcharge.
        For Business Class, there are additional surcharge when travel on A345/A380/B777-300ER aircraft (other airline has the same condition).

maximum mileage 29,000 34,0000 39,000
        FRWSTAR (First class) TWD 297,700 TWD 342,300 TWD 401,900
        CRWSTAR (Bus class) TWD 210,100 TWD 241,700 TWD 283,700

Terms and conditions of Star Alliance Round The World ticket fare is a little bit complicated. You may go to the website for details. http://www.staralliance.com/baseAction.do?language=

There are only Y class for SQ only RTW ticket fare.
        Last edited by taipeiflyer; 12 March 2008, 12:37 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

taipeiflyer - Unfortunately I am not in a position to provide advice on why that is the case for an ex-TPE SQ rtw. The F and C fares (booking into A and D respectively) still show up as late as October on EF, with a max stay of 3 months and an advance purchase requirement of 7 days. The fare basis is FEZSQ for the F fare. I also can't see anything in the fare rules (which are identical to before) about the 'expiry' of this fare.

Come Sept I have a 2 week RTW in whY ----> yes I ask myself that question too.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            does anybody know what the cheapest prices are for *A rtw's in F? Including SQ-only.......
            Hi taipeiflyer, the cheapest ex-TPE is FCPSTAR1 at around NTD163K. FEZSQ is slightly higher at around NTD185K. They cover different geographical areas, FEXSQ is good for visiting SE Asia and Europe, while FCPSTAR1 is good for the Pacific rim. FEZSQ is not a good deal now that there is no F between LAX and TPE. You must return back to TPE, so you have to take LAX-TPE or TPE-LAX.

Comment

The CPSTAR isn't a RTW as such; it's a circle pacific fare. But as TerryK mentioned it allows travel around the Pacific rim whereas the EZSQ doesn't allow travel to the South Pacific.

Comment

Confirmation of *RWSTAR* Increase

I searched for the past 10 minutes (hint hint ) to find an appropriate thread to tack this onto and figured this one of taipeiflyer's (he had two ) was as close to the topic as I could get.

Rather than wade through all the grumbling on TOF:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...l#post11110164

I figured that since we have quite a few SQT F RTW experts, we might get a more focussed discussion going on here.

Are the fares going up only in the UK and AU? I know this can't be worldwide due to currency fluctuations, correct?

I have yet to pop my F RTW cherry...which will be later this year...
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  I searched for the past 10 minutes (hint hint ) to find an appropriate thread to tack this onto and figured this one of taipeiflyer's (he had two ) was as close to the topic as I could get.

Rather than wade through all the grumbling on TOF:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...l#post11110164

I figured that since we have quite a few SQT F RTW experts, we might get a more focussed discussion going on here.

Are the fares going up only in the UK and AU? I know this can't be worldwide due to currency fluctuations, correct?

I have yet to pop my F RTW cherry...which will be later this year...
                  I would suggest it's beacuase they can.

For Australia:

The Star Special RTW fare will increase by approx $880.
                  The Star 1 RTW fare will increase by approx. $1000 for Economy - $3000 for Business Class and $4400 for First Class
                  Star 2 and 3 RTW fares also increasing.

Comment

The fare hike for xRWSTARx ex-ICN has been deferred to 15-Mar-09. You still have about 10 days to purchase these bargain fares.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      The fare hike for xRWSTARx ex-ICN has been deferred to 15-Mar-09. You still have about 10 days to purchase these bargain fares.
                      That's good news!

On a serious note though, are there any English speaking TAs in Korea that do bookings via email?

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                        On a serious note though, are there any English speaking TAs in Korea that do bookings via email?
                        You do not need to hunt for a Korean TA. *A RTWs ex-Korea can be ticketed anywhere at the Korean price, as point of sale restrictions for these fares have been abolished. If you have any UA segments, you might want to try ticketing via UA as you'd save heaps in fuel fines.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                          Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          You do not need to hunt for a Korean TA. *A RTWs ex-Korea can be ticketed anywhere at the Korean price, as point of sale restrictions for these fares have been abolished. If you have any UA segments, you might want to try ticketing via UA as you'd save heaps in fuel fines.
                          Hmmm...UA's Rate Desk has been quoting the 12M KRW pricing since February 28th (March 1 in Seoul). As usual, they claim they never saw it coming.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Keith, not looking to booking RTW.. Actually looking at some pt to pt fares ex Korea using a certain carrier. Which is why I'm looking at a reliable Korean TA for booking the fare.

Thing is, I heard on TOF that it is a published fare. So now wondering if it can be booked locally.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                              ....Thing is, I heard on TOF that it is a published fare. So now wondering if it can be booked locally.
                              Published fares can be purchased anywhere in the world paying KRW converted to local currency using BSR. The only exception is when the fare rules specifically prohibits it, which is rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X