TK Formally Invited into *A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK Formally Invited into *A

Integration to begin immediately. Scheduled to be a full member by mid-2008.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...hairlines.html

Anyone with personal experiences on TK?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

not me.
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Not yet but I will probably fly them in Feb next year to Tajikistan, well they have to be better than Tajikistan Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          Not yet but I will probably fly them in Feb next year to Tajikistan, well they have to be better than Tajikistan Airlines.
          And thus speaketh the truly intepid flyer among us.

Looking forward to reading what you think, Lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Anyone with personal experiences on TK?
            I knew a girl with those initials once, but I don't think thats what you're asking about

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              I knew a girl with those initials once, but I don't think thats what you're asking about
              Um, no, I don't think so. I won't even dare ask what depth of knowledge you achieved, Savage25.

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                Just saw this.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/news/Def...=ft&_b=1180983

sorry it's in German.
                Here is the translation (I have a translation software):

Originally posted by Handelsblatt.Com

The world largest aviation group star Alliance increases the distance to the competitors. After information from industry circles the alliance will decide the admission of the Turkish airline Turkish Airlines around Lufthansa on its meeting of leaders on Saturday in Istanbul into the alliance.

DUESSELDORF. The circle of the partner companies increases thereby to 19 members. The aviation alliance recruits strengthened partners in developing countries, in order to be opened so lucrative future markets. In May 2007 the entry of the two Chinese societies air China and Shanghai airlines is to follow - and also the admission of an Indian airline moves closer.
                The star Alliance competes with the alliances Skyteam around air France KLM, delta air LINEs and Korean air as well as OneWorld around British Airways, American Airlines and Cathay Pacific. The three alliances under European guidance determine increasingly the global air traffic market.
                The star Alliance was created 1997 by Lufthansa and United Airlines and is the alliance with annually approximately 425 Mill., largest with distance Passengers. Turkish Airlines belonged first to the 1998 of the Swissair created alliance „to Qualiflyer “, which fell however apart after the bankruptcy of Swiss airline. The national airline of the Turkey, which is after a second stock exchange course still to 49 per cent in the possession of the national privatisation authority ÖIB, removes at present its fleet substantial. The Turkish airline pursues the goal of removing the homeland basis Istanbul to an air spider between Western Europe and Asia.

Last edited by MovieMan; 11 December 2006, 12:19 AM.
                "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

More airlines, more *Gs, less benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    More airlines, more *Gs, less benefits.
                    ... and more crowded *G lounges.

Comment

I've had a few experiences of flying TK shorthaul, they are fine, service standards are as good as any mainline EU carrier and better than a lot. The lounge in IST is up to international standards. A mate has done a couple of longhaul C sectors and says standards of service are higher than many others. I think they will be an asset to *A and I feel positive about them joining.

Comment

Working...
                      X