X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach

Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach
    4343 Collins Ave

I'd gone against my better judgment and ignored the reviews, and booked this property as it was the only SPG at Miami Beach and I'd needed the nights' credit.

The nice lobby (for a 4P) was deceptive as to the actual quality of the hotel...

First the good bits - The Four Comfort Beds were comfy, the location was good - right on the beach and reasonably short cab ride to shopping at Bal Harbour, and the nightlife at South Beach. Free in-room wifi and free bottles of water - par the course for 4Ps.

Got upgraded to a Junior Suite. I'd thought it was a regular room at first till I looked at the floor plan and peeked into a room down the hallway which was literally a shoebox. Room was tatty with chipped furniture, and the bathroom doorknob was broken. Bath amenities weren't replaced with fresh ones daily. The amenities were said to be by Caswell Massey but weren't very good, and on closer inspection appeared to be manufactured in China. So once again it was Bliss to the rescue!

Service was so-so with mainly clueless concierges (who double up as porters).

Actually the less said about this property the better... except the reviews aren't wrong.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.
Working...
X