Confirmed: PPS values do matter for op-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: PPS values do matter for op-ups

I am glad that I don't need to keep track any PPS values anymore. But here are some numbers from my recent flights:

SIN - KUL F 116
    ICN - SIN F 2150
    ICN - SIN A 448
    SFO - SIN A 5000
    SIN - MXP D 612
    YVR - ICN C 2600

No wonder, no op-up for me so far... too low in PPS Values... (YTD is slightly below 29000). Oh, and I was told that the procedure of an op up now is based on status and PPS Values and the computer will decide for it.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    .....ICN - SIN A 448
    How do I buy this ticket? ICN-SIN in A class for SGD448?

Since PPS Values reset to zero every year, does this mean op-ups will be more likely near the end of your PPS Year?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      How do I buy this ticket? ICN-SIN in A class for SGD448?
      My example was to show that the PPS values do not stay the same. There are so many factors. I remember someone suggesting to call SQ to rectify a poster's PPS Value because of less $$$. RTW tix is one of the factors in ups and downs of PPS Values.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      Since PPS Values reset to zero every year, does this mean op-ups will be more likely near the end of your PPS Year?
      Every flyer has a different month of the year in his/her membership. So we could guess that there would be a flaw in the system.

Comment

Every flyer has a different month of the year in his/her membership.
        The system does seem to give an advantage to flyers whose travel patterns load up on PPSV early in the membership year.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Well, at least another loophole found! Put all the high full fares trip at the start of membership years! And remember, buying on line, can get you less PPS Values. I bought BKK-SIN-CGK in F, and it was booked in A. For the same fares, I could get F booking if I do it with SQ office instead...

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            The system does seem to give an advantage to flyers whose travel patterns load up on PPSV early in the membership year.
            Seems like the op-ups is based on the PPS Value for the year and Status rather than the cumulative PPS Value. All the while I thought is based on cumulative and Status.

Comment

Every flyer has a different month of the year in his/her membership. So we could guess that there would be a flaw in the system.
              I would have thought it would be based on the cumulative value, like it was based on rank previously.
              If based only on the current year PPSV, a QPP with SGD30,000 current year balance would trump and LPP in a new membership year with just SGD10,000 in his/her account? Doesn't seem quite fair.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                I would have thought it would be based on the cumulative value, like it was based on rank previously.
                If based only on the current year PPSV, a QPP with SGD30,000 current year balance would trump and LPP in a new membership year with just SGD10,000 in his/her account? Doesn't seem quite fair.
                I thought I have posted status & PPS values? The order is still LPP - TPP - QPP. But then when there is 2 LPPs for example, and only one op-up needed, PPS values will be the benchmark.

Comment

Indeed you did. My bad.
                  Still my question persists:
                  A better example would be a QPP vs another QPP.
                  A QPP1 with SGD30,000 vs a QPP21 (now that's possible ) who just had his account reset, now having SGD1,000 only in his account. Does the QPP1 get the op up?

Comment

But if your friends dad is a pilot, it all becomes irrelevant doesn't it ?.

Comment

According to the example that was given to me at that time, the answer is yes. Now the computer did not show how many years of being PPS. Only shows PPS Values YTD. But certainly, you can double check...
                      Still, the general idea is to reward the big spender in the current membership year.

Comment

I am glad that I don't need to keep track any PPS values anymore. But here are some numbers from my recent flights:

SIN - KUL F 116
                        ICN - SIN F 2150
                        ICN - SIN A 448
                        SFO - SIN A 5000
                        SIN - MXP D 612
                        YVR - ICN C 2600

No wonder, no op-up for me so far... too low in PPS Values... (YTD is slightly below 29000). Oh, and I was told that the procedure of an op up now is based on status and PPS Values and the computer will decide for it.
                        Looking at these flights it does not look like there were to many opportunities for SQ to op up you anyway (except for your special opups )

Comment

So if by chance there were no PPS members on a flight (is that possible?!), would the same process apply for Elite Gold members? Eg the person with higher qualification miles in the current membership year be first in line for an op-up?

Comment

MXP-SIN 612 SGD?!?!?!?!?!?!
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                              MXP-SIN 612 SGD?!?!?!?!?!?!
                              It was SIN-MXP!
                              Very low indeed... but what can I do?

Comment

Working...
                              X