Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edinburgh to South East Asia in (Mainly) First

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798484

I hope people will forgive my linking directly to a FlyerTalk thread that has reports from my trip to South East Asia - including two flights on SQ in First. If I should do this in another way, let me know and I will edit.

we forgive u
    thank you for posting your TR
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Great report - thanks for sharing!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Not a problem at all. Thanks for sharing

We do allow direct posting of pics here too - so if you'd like that for your next trip report please feel free to do so

Comment

Great report and pics

Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Great TR - thank you

Comment

Great TR - also if you were to repeat the journey, you could always go to the Virgin Club House at Heathrow as a first class ticket holder (much better than the SQ lounge at LHR!)

Comment

Loved the TR -- and I haven't even looked at the pics yet. Thanks for sharing.

So, what were your impressions of Cambodia?
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

First of all, WELCOME TO SQTALK! Your handle reminds me of someone I know!

Regarding LHR, yes, most of us would opt for VS CH instead of SKL. But even on SKL, there should be a menu at the bar. And usually, there is an announcement at SKL when it's time to board the plane.

I noticed in your picture that the FA laid down the plate a bit off center. The F logo looks like not at 12 but at 1.

And of course, I have to thank you for the review for TG F meals as well... I thought I was the only one who do not like TG F meals.

Comment

I wish I'd known about the Virgin Clubhouse - but you can't get everything right.

I loved Cambodia. I stayed in Siem Reap, Battambang and Phnom Penh, travelling by bus or taxi between them (and on the Bamboo Railway!!!). I was struck by how friendly people were - even as they were trying to sell you things you didn't want. The children, in particular, were delightful. They were also very surprised and delighted when my mother (who is a volunteer in Cambodia) was able to speak to them in Khmer. The food was also great - very flavoursome without relying so heavily on chilli and ginger for heat. One meal, I remember, was called Beef Drunkard and had clumps of peppercorns in it - which gave a very unique flavour experience. Cambodia was visibly poorer than the other countries I visited in SE Asia, basic infrastructure was lacking, but I loved the way people found practical solutions. The bamboo railway was the best example of this. As I said in my TR, I found it difficult to imagine how people who seemed so kind and courteous could ever have found themselves in the state that arose in the late 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                      http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798484

I hope people will forgive my linking directly to a FlyerTalk thread that has reports from my trip to South East Asia - including two flights on SQ in First. If I should do this in another way, let me know and I will edit.
                      No problem. Most of use here are members of both boards anyways (sometimes with different handles).

Comment

Working...
                      X