Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

How do all you frequent flyers out there find the time and more importantly find the money to go on so many flights and take business class or higher nearly all the time?

Originally posted by danzer View Post
    How do all you frequent flyers out there find the time and more importantly find the money to go on so many flights and take business class or higher nearly all the time?
    i cannot say for the rest but out of my C and F flights, it is always on the company kitty. Only one was self funded with the missus

Comment

Various means, e.g.

(i) points/miles to upgrade or redeem for flights, e.g. bmi's Diamond Club is amazingly generous;

(ii) round the world tickets which give you a large number of J/F flights for not very much for each flight (but the total cost is of course still quite substantial but this could be all your travel for a year sorted);

(iii) starting tickets in low cost origins, e.g. the (now no longer available) tickets from Colombo for around £500-600 for a oneway to New York on any airline in J (with the only requirement being Alitalia (or a codeshare) across the Atlantic) via Australia (on the SQ A380 for example);

(iv) mistake fares which come up now and then, e.g. the Expedia mistake fares of £300 or thereabouts for American Airlines F to the US from LHR;

(v) there are certain lesser known airlines which do offer very competitive J fares, e.g. Finnair, Royal Jordanian etc.

etc

Comment

By being very very very rich

Well at least that is how I dream it would happen. The reality is that it is slumming it in Y for a lot of flights to build up the miles to get a F or J award.

Comment

I can't speak for others, but I always buy Y and have this amazing strike rate with double opups.

It's about that time when I'm settling into my F seat when the alarm clock goes off......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            It's about that time when I'm settling into my F seat when the alarm clock goes off......
            This is bad for my eyes.....

Comment

But still where do you find the time....i mean like do you guys have so many days of leave in your jobs to find the time to accumulate so many miles on Y?

Comment

But still where do you find the time....i mean like do you guys have so many days of leave in your jobs to find the time to accumulate so many miles on Y?
                Some have to fly as part of our jobs. For those who don't or do very little, they can take advantage of not only leave but also weekends and public holidays. For example, it's not considered unusual at all on here to be based in London, spend 24 hours in New York or Singapore for the weekend and be back at work on Monday morning.

Miles can also of course be collected not only through flying but other means, e.g. credit card spend, hotel stays, car parking, grocery shopping or even simply buying them (which may be worthwhile if you can get a J or F ticket cheaper using bought miles than simply buying the tix). For example, with the BA programme (Executive Club), there are a number of people who collect all their miles through grocery shopping (Tesco) and then use those miles on a pair of J or F tix once or twice a year to somewhere nice, e.g. Sydney, Singapore, Vancouver etc.

Comment

Answer: Become an consultant.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                  X