SPG Quarter 2 promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPG Quarter 2 promo

A bunch of bonus points linked to number of 'eligible stays.' Link here.

This is what I got:
    For business travelers, this is justice served.
    Make your many business trips well worth the effort with bonuses that richly expand your SPG rewards. Between March 1 and May 31, 2008, you can earn:

• 5,000 bonus StarpointsŪ with five eligible stays

• 10,000 bonus StarpointsŪ with ten eligible stays

• 15,000 bonus StarpointsŪ with fifteen eligible stays

Remember, Starwood Preferred Guest allows you to redeem Starpoints for Free Night Awards without blackout dates or extra point charges on standard rooms — regardless of your member level.
    Doesn't work for me since I only have 1 eligible stay during the relevant period.

Mum got this as a Gold:

Let eight marvelous stays deliver 8,000 bonus Starpoints.

Register by April 15, 2008, and with every eight eligible stays between March 1 and May 31, 2008, you'll earn 8,000 bonus StarpointsŪ (up to 24 stays and 24,000 total bonus Starpoints).

Remember, Starwood Preferred Guest allows you to redeem Starpoints for Free Night Awards without blackout dates or extra point charges on standard rooms — regardless of your member level.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I also got the 8 stay 8K as a Gold.

Comment

The bonus promo for PLAT does not seem to be applicable to me as well as I will rarely travel in the second quarter this year.

Comment

I got 4 stays - 4000 points, 8 stays - 8000 points and 12 stays - 12000 points, all stays need to be in MARCH !!!!. How many people (lunatics excepted) have 12 seperate stays in a single month ?!

I should have 4 SPG stays in March anyway, but I'm not chasing any more.

Comment

I checked and got the same promotion as MAN Flyer. Not only do the stays all have to be in March but they also have to be booked between 15 February and 15 March which knocks out two of my March (non-cancellable) stays.

Is it me or have the SPG quarterly bonus miles promotions become much less generous over time ? For the current quarter, I'm on every 3 stays for 4,000 points during the 3 months and in 1996 (when I first joined SPG), it was 3 stays for a maximum of 10,000 points as a SPG GLD!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Not only do the stays all have to be in March but they also have to be booked between 15 February and 15 March which knocks out two of my March (non-cancellable) stays.

Yep, saw that, and three of my four stays were booked before 15 February. Fortunately two of them are still the same price and the other is actually now cheaper.

I very rarely book non-cancellable hotel rooms, unless the stay is imminent.

Comment

Thanks again KeithMel.... I tried a few days ago but was a bit early. How do you know when to go tho the promo website?

I got the same offer as ManFlyer.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I got 4 stays - 4000 points, 8 stays - 8000 points and 12 stays - 12000 points, all stays need to be in MARCH !!!!. How many people (lunatics excepted) have 12 seperate stays in a single month ?!

I received the same promo. My 2Q08 SPG stays were going to be a bit on the light side, so I'm not being hit too badly by it. One of the 1Q08 North American promos was good for me w/r/t bonus points, which helps a bit.
                Last edited by cawhite; 25 February 2008, 12:35 AM.

Comment

How many people (lunatics excepted) have 12 seperate stays in a single month ?!
                  They might have been targeting their promos at mattress runners...

I am actually going to re-make PLT by nights this year.

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  How do you know when to go tho the promo website?
                  I check the promo site periodically when I know a new quarterly promo is imminent, ie around this time. Failing which there's usually a thread on TOF.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I got the MAN Flyer promo.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Ah the good old days of the 5/50k promos........ where art thou?

Comment

Those who received the promo offer for 1March-31March, should visit the SPG promo page again.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                          Those who received the promo offer for 1March-31March, should visit the SPG promo page again.
                          Thank you!
                          Got to register for April promo now!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Thank you!
                            Got to register for April promo now!
                            Now it's time for the May promo (#3 of 3).

Comment

Working...
                            X