Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello SQTalk - and a question ?

Hello SQ Talk people What a fabby site!

I was pointed here by a friend, and in the hope of finding an answer.

WELL No point holding back - I will be up front straight up and say it ... I wasn't born a girl. I'd like to hear from anyone if there's any issue travelling in my presented gender on Singapore Airlines.

I ask because the issue of girl/boys seems much more accepted in some asian countries than it generally is here, and I'm looking for the most comfortable trip without hassles (if there are others like me here - you'll know!)

I hope that's not too blunt a way to start a life on this forum! Some of the trip reports are VERY cool - and some are way cute !

Ta,
    Tia

PS: I deliberately haven't used a lot of the terminology from "my world" - but the simplest question I guess is .. "T Friendly?"

Welcome to SQTalk, Tia. You'll be fine on SQ.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk Tia

A very interesting question - I should think you'll be perfectly fine on SQ. In fact, I'd hazard a guess and say that you'd be fine on any airline you flew (just about).

Your profile says Australia - I can't imagine DJ or QF (especially DJ seeing how they pride themselves on being cool) giving you hassle for this.

I'll defer on the subject matter to those who know more than me about this though!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Tia. I am sure that there wouldnt be any problems.

Comment

Thanks for your welcome, talkers

Given that some forums would shun people like me, that's lovely of you !

Tia

Comment

Hi Tia welcome to SQT

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Tia.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Welcome, Tia!

AFAIK, SQTalkers are made up of a diverse group - straights, GBLTs, bears , rats, kittys, elephants, monkeys, etc.

With regards to your question, I would think it is a violation of human rights if one is hassled.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

AFAIK, SQTalkers are made up of a diverse group - straights, GBLTs, bears , rats, kittys, elephants, monkeys, etc.
                  All we're missing is some aquatic animals and maybe a couple of reptiles.

Originally posted by Tia View Post
                  Thanks for your welcome, talkers

Given that some forums would shun people like me, that's lovely of you !
                  That's awful. No such thing here though

I went and asked my PPS coordinator about this too, and he assured me that you'd be completely fine. In fact, they are aware of several elite tier passengers who are in the same circumstance, all of whom remain elite for the simple and rather obvious reason - that they are indeed treated well aboard.

Comment

Hi Tia, welcome to the forum. Can't imagine it would be any hassle at all. Enjoy the flight..

Comment

Thanks again Talkers

I'm still not sure of what Elite Silver or PPS is on these boards / Singapore Air ? In any case - if there are any people in my "circumstance" as SQFlyerGirl put it - I'd love to hear from you.

Many of us maintain very private lives and avoid other people knowing our other sides or our other past. If there are any girls here with experience of flying that way, I'd love to hear from you, either on the boards or by PM

Have a LOVELY DAY !

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Welcome, Tia!

With regards to your question, I would think it is a violation of human rights if one is hassled.
                        That's the thing, though, Phaleesy. It may be all of that and more. Whilst I wouldn't expect to be assaulted or anything like that (although that does happen - rarely), derision and maltreatment are common - particularly if one is "made".

Human rights has not a lot to do with it whilst you're being yelled at, or refused entry to a plane.

Another issue that many have to contend with (depending how far we are on our journey) is that our passports are of our "other" selves. As you can imagine, some of us have a vast difference in the way the two present ......

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks again Talkers

I'm still not sure of what Elite Silver or PPS is on these boards / Singapore Air ?
                          Elite Silver on SQTalk= 50 posts
                          Elite Silver on Singapore Airlines= 25,000 miles on Singapore Airlines, Silk Air, Star Alliance or other air partners

PPS = Stands for Priority Passenger Services
                          PPS on Singapore Airlines= SGD 25,000 in PPS Value when flying first or business class on Singapore Airlines or Silk Air only.
                          PPS on SQTalk = 250 posts.

Hope this helps. There are a great many other levels, both on SQTalk, and in real life though

In any case - if there are any people in my "circumstance" as SQFlyerGirl put it - I'd love to hear from you.

Many of us maintain very private lives and avoid other people knowing our other sides or our other past. If there are any girls here with experience of flying that way, I'd love to hear from you, either on the boards or by PM
                          I'm sure there are. Absolutely certain of it. The laws of probability actually dictate it.

That's the thing, though, Phaleesy. It may be all of that and more. Whilst I wouldn't expect to be assaulted or anything like that (although that does happen - rarely), derision and maltreatment are common - particularly if one is "made".
                          The world is a rough place sadly

or refused entry to a plane.
                          I've heard of this, which of course, I think is utterly shocking behaviour from the airline. You pays your moneys and you gets on yer plane. Simple as that (security considerations aside i.e you're not carrying some weapon)

Another issue that many have to contend with (depending how far we are on our journey) is that our passports are of our "other" selves. As you can imagine, some of us have a vast difference in the way the two present
                          The thing with immigration officers/customs etc - is that they're trained to pick up on things that can't be changed. They look for spacing between the eyes, bone structure - that sort of thing. So much so that it can't really "lie" unless you might have had some serious surgery on the bone itself. No, not even weight loss/gain can change it. All the more reason i think that if it's you, it's your passport, you ought not to have any problems.

Comment

A very warm welcome Tia!

Welcome to the club! I hope you'll enjoy your flights!

250 posts for PPS? Hell yeah, I'm going for it. lol
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              All we're missing is some aquatic animals and maybe a couple of reptiles.

But there are nor koala's here ????

Comment

Working...
                              X