9V-SKB's 1st flight on 19/Jul 2006
    http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1085604/M/
    http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1085149/M/

Comment

9V-SKC's 1st flight on 17/Nov 2006
      http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1142970/M/

Comment

Nice thread.

BTW I also like the fact that the royal blue tailfin doesn't have that straight-line thing going like the 77W.

Comment

I wonder if the A380s will be deployed on several regional/short haul rotations as well just like the A345 and now the 77W?

Also will more than just one LHR flights get the A380 eventually? I'd love to see it on SQ319 as that is the flagship return flight for my preference. I hate the timings of SQ317 and wouldn't fly on that flight even with the A380 operating it (which likely will be the case since the turnaround flight for SQ322 is SQ317).
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
            I wonder if the A380s will be deployed on several regional/short haul rotations as well just like the A345 and now the 77W?

Also will more than just one LHR flights get the A380 eventually? I'd love to see it on SQ319 as that is the flagship return flight for my preference. I hate the timings of SQ317 and wouldn't fly on that flight even with the A380 operating it (which likely will be the case since the turnaround flight for SQ322 is SQ317).
            I hear that two of the three LHR flights will get the A380s.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              The early morning departure from LHR will get it first. The late afternoon departure from LHR will get it if and only if SQ firm the 9 additional WhaleJets now on LoI. The early afternoon departure from LHR will probably never see a WhaleJet.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                Will SQ send their A380s to LAX?
                "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011
                  God I hope so. SQ11/12 can support the high demand, but given our lovely city's bureaucratic ups, it's still nowhere near A380-ready. And no, those remote terminals do not count. I don't want to be shuttled in those crusty buses. It can barely handle the evening bank of flights with all those 747s arriving, much less the A380s.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
                    SQ definitely need to increase capacity between SIN and LAX. Putting a WhaleJet on SQ11/12 would be one option for doing that. Perhaps a more interesting option would be putting a B777-300ER on SQ37/38, but it would have range problems westbound on windy days. The most interesting option would be adding SIN-PVG-LAX, but it would tough to get permission from the Chinese government.

Comment

I would say a route that would be easier to start and give some competition to CX is LAX-HKG-SIN and vv with a 77W.

In the future I see them upgrading SIN-NRT-LAX with a A380.
                      We'll see about 787 or A350 or 77L doing SIN-LAX or SIN-EWR direct.

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani
                        I would say a route that would be easier to start and give some competition to CX is LAX-HKG-SIN and vv with a 77W.

In the future I see them upgrading SIN-NRT-LAX with a A380.
                        We'll see about 787 or A350 or 77L doing SIN-LAX or SIN-EWR direct.
                        I totally agree. I would love to see a fourth daily LAX flight and perhaps put a little dent into the CX stranglehold. I don't think either the 787 or the A350XWB can make those ULR routes.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          The early morning departure from LHR will get it first. The late afternoon departure from LHR will get it if and only if SQ firm the 9 additional WhaleJets now on LoI. The early afternoon departure from LHR will probably never see a WhaleJet.
                          Just wanted to make sure I got which flights you were referring to, zvezda. The three flights from LHR to SIN are currently: late morning / noon, late afternoon, and late evening.

The ones that will get the A380 are the first and the last?
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Just wanted to make sure I got which flights you were referring to, zvezda. The three flights from LHR to SIN are currently: late morning / noon, late afternoon, and late evening.

Wait, SQ is flying the A380 to LHR twice a day?
                            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
                              Wait, SQ is flying the A380 to LHR twice a day?
                              Currently planned is just once per day, the morning departure from LHR. If SQ firm their LoI for 9 more WhaleJets, then the last LHR departure will also get upgauged to the WhaleJet.

Comment

Working...
                              X