Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual reasons for being remembered in your travels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual reasons for being remembered in your travels?

What have been some of the more unusual reasons that someone in the travel industry (airline, hotel) has remembered you for? (Note: being remembered by SQ staff for sipping champagne with, hanging out with, and / or being the recipient of CGK's generosity don't count. )

I ask because this past couple of weeks I've been remembered as:
    • Someone who asked for a feedback form so I could send compliments about cabin crew on another flight a couple of weeks back
    • The customer whose parents come from the same part of the Philippines as the counter agent at a Copenhagen hotel (she recognized the specific region from my surname)
    • The customer who asked that his 'bedside travel tray' be shipped back to him in London after leaving it behind at the hotel (I don't know how to describe it: a leather square that, when you button the corners together, forms a tray into which you can dump the contents of your pockets; very handy, I must say) -- who would have predicted that the guy who would deliver my room service dinner was the same guy who personally packed the tray and shipped it to me?
    • Someone who constantly smiled when I requested something from the cabin crew -- I guess there are lots of grumpy travellers out there

(Oops, sorry, jhm, I guess there goes another list from me. )
    Last edited by jjpb3; 8 December 2006, 04:29 AM. Reason: oops
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

mmmm... no.... for me only 1 circumstance 1 yr ago. I forgot the dig-camera in the lounge and discovered it only at the gate: the gate agent who ran to the lounge to take it and brought me will always remember me... (lounge was really far from gate, 12 mins walking more or less)
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Nothing I can think of at the moment except for being remembered (albeit probably not long term!) as the customer who sat in the same seat both ways doing an immediate CGK turnround. Not unusual at all for here or TOF of course!

Comment

Mine are too embarassing to post for many different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          You can't tease us like that and not supply at least one example, StarG!
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

When I took close to 100 pics in compiling my trip report two months ago, I was asked by a green kebaya gal if I was doing a project and I was asked by the leading stewardess if I was a professional photographer. I'm not quite sure if I understood the question that bears the topic of this thread and thus don't know if my reason qualifies as one and sincerely apologize if so.
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Never been remembered on my travels - then again I have never been a PITA on my travels either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster
                Never been remembered on my travels - then again I have never been a PITA on my travels either.
                Indeed same case for me as well. I'm a SQ wallflower.

Comment

I think I recall at least a couple of those stories...

Comment

dearest,
                    you'll be remembered by SQ/UA Lost & found agent in YVR...... and above all ... your bags
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                      I think I recall at least a couple of those stories...
                      Try to erase those memories of yours will ya...

Comment

- I'm still in touch with one of the concierge staff of a certain hotel who took me out clubbing.......
                        - Various bartenders/security staff who had to make sure I get back to my hotel safely whenever I got ridiculously drunk. OK maybe not that unusual...
                        - The same TG FA on HKT-BKK was operating BKK-SIN 2 days later and remembered me when she greeted me at the a/c entrance. Like jjpb3 I was remembered for smiling and thanking the crew. Hmm...
                        Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 December 2006, 06:09 AM.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Was flying SQ recently from Singapore. Walking down the jetway towards the door 1L. The IFS and LSS were there by the door. Immediately about 10 meters away, the LSS screamed welcoming me back, and asked "Where is your partner?" I asked back who? She said the tall German guy or European. Then she told me I had this BTC and he had that BTC. I was seated in 4D and he was in 4C. I was amazed that she remembered the details from a flight that was taken in September 2006. And guess what made her remembering me? It was my SQ caviar thingy spoon... Yeah at that flight, we asked the LSS her opinion which is the best looking caviar spoon, my gift from SQ, or the other pax' spoon from his Concorde flight. Of course, the LSS prefers the classier SQ caviar mother pearl spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            I ask because this past couple of weeks I've been remembered as:
                            • Someone who constantly smiled when I requested something from the cabin crew -- I guess there are lots of grumpy travellers out there
                            I think I naturally smile when onboard SQ as I am really happy to be surrounded by ***. As I travel mostly in Y, I don't think any of our Kebaya clad FAs remember me. On the other hand, I have seen a few whose pictures have appeared on the internet.

Comment

JJpb3,

Do you REALLY want to know? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X