Singapore Airport Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airport Shopping

Well long time lurker, first time poster. I will be taking my first ever Singapore Airlines flight. I will be traveling MAN-SIN-MNL in J. So I am looking forward to this.

I have a question. Whilst in SIN airport for about 3 hours is there any deals for shopping. Which items are usually considered a good deal versus prices in the UK or US. Or is it just not worth it, like the prices in many airports.

Many Thanks,

Darren

Welcome to SQTalk, fxyorky.

Any particular item you're looking for?

From the times I've browsed looking to buy, I'd say the following items are generally cheaper at Changi than at LHR (my point of comparison):
    • Luxury watches (though still not as good as at ZRH)
    • Smaller electronic items such as cameras and iPods
    • Electronic supplies such as memory cards and batteries

and the following are price-competitive at LHR:
    • Many clothing, shoes and bags from European luxury retailers (e.g., Ferragamo, Bally)

I've found that in-town merchants sometimes offer even better deals than the Changi stores, but the three-hour layover might not be enough for getting into town unless you're a power shopper and know exactly where to go.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nowadays since SQ move most of its flights to T3, T2 inside departure hall now looks so fairly deserted

Comment

Makeup/cosmetics/skincare/perfume - generally - is also cheaper in SIN than in Europe.

Same goes for ciggies.

Comment

Shopping in Changi

Welcome to SQTalk, fxyorky, and I hope you enjoy your SQ flight.

Late December '07, wanted to buy a suiter case.
          A certain Tumi model, U.S. $400 in the Korean duty free (Lotte Busan duty free), U.S. $480 in SIN Changi T2 (i.e. +20% !).

Shaver Philips Arcitec was slightly cheaper though (in Changi), again compared against the price in the Korean duty free.

Yes, SQflyergirl is right, compared to Europe, perfumes, etc. are generally cheaper. But compared to the U.S., it should be a different story, as the market in the States is quite competitive. I'll be going there in May, so I'll have a chance to confirm this.
          Last edited by N_Architect; 13 February 2008, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Makeup/cosmetics/skincare/perfume - generally - is also cheaper in SIN than in Europe.

SIN is where I buy my wifes perfumes.

Comment

Depends on what you are buying that Singapore Airport Prices are competitive.

Comment

SQADL333,

Ok mate, 1 dredged up topic was a bit of poor form, but dredging up 2 basically redundant posts is getting a bit full on...

How about before posting a reply to a thread you check the date of the last post...

Comment

I know there are a few of us who do suggest searching before starting a new thread/topic... but this may be going too far in the opposite direction..

Comment

Is there a store at Changi that sells aircraft models? I mean diecasts...or do I have to travel all the way to downtown?

Thanks for any info!

Comment

There is a toy shop at T2 with a few models. Price-wise though, I'd say exorbitant.

Comment

Working...
                      X