Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ317 SQ318 LHR - SIN - LHR Compare Raffles to VS Upper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ317 SQ318 LHR - SIN - LHR Compare Raffles to VS Upper.

If anyone is interested, I am a Virgin Atlantic regular flier and Gold card holder. I have just completed my first SQ Raffles LHR - SIN - LHR round trip over the weekend 31 Jan - 4 Feb 08.

I have posted my two long, and fairly self indulgent, trip reports over on V-Flyer - my home site.

Outbound SQ317 31 Jan 08.

Inbound SQ318 4 Feb 08

The main area of interest for SQtalkers may be my comparisons between the two airlines.
    To save anyone having to plough through the reports. I came to the following conclusions:

IMHO, SQ are better in the following:
    Staff and crew service and attitudes- everyone we encountered had a fantastic attitude - nothing was too much trouble, and they were always there to help.
    Food: Again SQ win hands down, the food on both legs was out of this world.
    IFE Krisworld is better than V-Port, though VS do seem to have a better selection of recent popular films.

VS do manage to hold the edge on:
    Seat comfort - the suites are better than the SQ seats - especially for sleeping.
    Amenity kits - all we got on SQ were eye shades and slippers, no sleep suits.
    Lounge. Whilst the new lounge at T3 at Changi is wonderful, I still prefer the LHR Clubhouse. Both are great places though.

In conclusion, my first SQ experience was excellent, and I am really looking forward to doing it again.

Nick

Nick thanks for sharing your trip report - Have to say I agree with your findings comparing SQ and VS.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I also have to agree with your assessment. In addition to that, i think VS also has the edge on SQ (and this is strictly personal preference) when it comes to being friendly on a personal level.

On SQ you're addressed Mr./Ms. So and so, unfailingly and invariably. It's formal, and full of decorum.

On VS, (in the sky and in clubhouses), the crew seems to be more adaptive and can be really friendly in a casual manner

i've been called all sorts of things on VS , including Hen, Darl, Poppet, Luv, Sweetie, Honeybunch, Girl........

Maybe it's cause I'm a young un . but IMHO, VS just seems hipper and cooler.

Comment

I've had "darling" on CX! "luv" on BA of course.

However, nobody has ever called me "poppet", "honeybunch" or "sweetie" no doubt because I'm a big 'un!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Nottingham Nick. Made me miss SQ J flights.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Great reports and comparison! I like VS Clubhouse as well at LHR and JFK.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Made me miss SQ J flights.
            So, plan something on taking SQ J. And I will follow you! Would be nice if the SQ FAs we know will be on duty in the flight.

Comment

I agree, I totally love VS - hippier and most fun! I flew once on PE (wish I had more chance to fly with them) and I enjoyed the flight much more than on SQ J. And you can't help but smile when you read all those cheeky taglines on all their products.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                I agree, I totally love VS - hippier and most fun! I flew once on PE (wish I had more chance to fly with them) and I enjoyed the flight much more than on SQ J. And you can't help but smile when you read all those cheeky taglines on all their products.
                I've flown VS PE a number of times: no way I'm trading SQ J for that.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                  That's not really comparing apfel mit apfel ja?

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  I've flown VS PE a number of times: no way I'm trading SQ J for that.
                  Agree - as much as I love VS - SQ J is still an order of magniture ahead.
                  VS UC - obviously runs SQ J a lot closer (maybe ahead in some areas) - thank God these two airlines are somewhat complementary and as a consequence, I don't have to choose

Comment

OK - I didn't know why I wrote that but I think it must be the hangover from last nite LOL

Comment

VS UC remains high on my 'to do' list for the reasons mentioned by SQFG and quik! - the cool factor. It's like the airline version of the W Hotels. I did enjoy the NZ suites when I flew them late last year, so going by that I reckon I'd find VS UC just as comfy.

But alas I'm also a mileage tart...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        ...the cool factor. It's like the airline version of the W Hotels.
                        You're killing me.

I do agree that it is very cool and thoroughly enjoyed my UC experience.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                        X