PPS value for SIN - FRA and FRA- SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS value for SIN - FRA and FRA- SIN

hey guys hope all of you are doing well.

Just a quick question - As I am trying to get my flights in order to make sure i skim past the 25 000 with ease before June 30 since ive been spending too much time on LH, i was wondering what sort of figures you guys are getting for the value from SIN - FRA or vice versa. This will be really appreciated.

As my ultimate destination is usually DUB, my preference is usually FRA with a easy enough *A connection with LH on both ways. This used to be even easier with the interline arrangement SQ used to have with him but didnt renew from mid 2007 onwards (why not SQ ).

Also is the value for this segment pretty similar for say SIN - LON , or SIN - MAN.

cheers guys
    Token

Originally posted by token01 View Post
    hey guys hope all of you are doing well.

Just a quick question - As I am trying to get my flights in order to make sure i skim past the 25 000 with ease before June 30 since ive been spending too much time on LH, i was wondering what sort of figures you guys are getting for the value from SIN - FRA or vice versa. This will be really appreciated.

As my ultimate destination is usually DUB, my preference is usually FRA with a easy enough *A connection with LH on both ways. This used to be even easier with the interline arrangement SQ used to have with him but didnt renew from mid 2007 onwards (why not SQ ).

Also is the value for this segment pretty similar for say SIN - LON , or SIN - MAN.

cheers guys
    Token
    Isn't it PPS Value based on the whole itinerary in the ticket? If you buy straightforward SIN-FRA-SIN, the PPS value should reflect your SGD fares...
    But if your tickets XXX-SIN-FRA-SIN-XXX, the PPS Value of your SIN-FRA-SIN would not be the same as the straight SIN-FRA-SIN only ticket.

Comment

PPS Value

Date Description KF Miles Earned KF Elite Miles PPS Value S$
      2007-10-28 SQ 325 J FRA-SIN 7984 7984 3,400
      2007-10-19 SQ 326 J SIN-FRA 7984 7984 3,400
      2007-07-04 SQ 325 J FRA-SIN 7984 7984 3,676
      2007-06-19 SQ 26 J SIN-FRA 7984 7984 3,677

Take your pick!

Comment

Originally posted by steeltrader View Post
        Date Description KF Miles Earned KF Elite Miles PPS Value S$
        2007-10-28 SQ 325 J FRA-SIN 7984 7984 3,400
        2007-10-19 SQ 326 J SIN-FRA 7984 7984 3,400
        2007-07-04 SQ 325 J FRA-SIN 7984 7984 3,676
        2007-06-19 SQ 26 J SIN-FRA 7984 7984 3,677

Take your pick!
        Here is to show that XXX-SIN-FRA would have different PPS Value.

2008-01-01 SQ 325 J FRA-SIN 2,850

2007 SQ 326 P SIN-FRA 2,647

Note: Welcome to SQTalk, steeltrader.

Comment

Just taking prices off the SQ website. SIN-LON is higher by S$200. In fact, if one selects SQ322, the price goes up by S$500 to $8,500.

SIN-FRA & SIN-MAN vv is S$7,800. Not bad for PPS Value. Not so good if you on some good corp rates. That amount gets you to North America West Coast

Comment

thanks for the info so far guys been most helpful...
            Just a quick Q then - so PPS value will change quite a bit if part of a bigger ticket. ie the ticket i shall be purchasing will be BNE - SIN - FRA (new ticket to DUB since no interline arrangement)

The only reason im buying it it that due to other travel on LH tickets PPS value has built up during the year for BNE - SIN segments and vice versa.

Hopefully this one ticket will get me over the line before June 30.

Last thing guys with the 77W flying overnight if im correct, meaning i pay more of a surchage, does the PPS value increase for the better aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
              Last thing guys with the 77W flying overnight if im correct, meaning i pay more of a surchage, does the PPS value increase for the better aircraft?
              I don't think there is any surcharge anymore?

SIN-LHR r/t (744) in business (C/D/Z) is higher than SIN-ZRH/CDG r/t (77W).

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                I don't think there is any surcharge anymore?

SIN-LHR r/t (744) in business (C/D/Z) is higher than SIN-ZRH/CDG r/t (77W).
                Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always had the impression that SIN-LHR r/t has always been higher than SIN-europe. Am I wrong?

Comment

There is definitely still a surcharge for the 77W on the SIN-SFO route and vice-versa. It looks to be about $400 each way.

Comment

Well June 30 is my deadline. Since the PPS changes i have not gone out of my way to requalify for my PPS - if the enticement was there with new enhancements, it would be a different story.

ANYWAY - looking at my account statment, I have around 11 450ish more dollars to pump into SQ.

Im still waiting for a SIN - BNE segment to come in from Monday bringing in just under 10 by my estimates.

I have one full flight BNE - SIN - FRA return confirmed as my last SQ flights before June 30.

This ones gonna be a tight one i reckon, what's your guys bets? Make it or Not?

Comment

The whole idea of PPS Values is that it is not based on sector, but based on how much you actually paid SQ. It varies depending your actaul O/D. You can save your ticket receipt and appeal if you receive less PPS Values than you actually pay. However, my experience is that PPS Values are uaually on the generous side.

Comment

looks like buying a SQ ticket this time and puttin up with an EI flight to connect, no lounge to use after landing in FRA from SIN and sit around for 3 hours for a connection paid off with the values given for the two sectors i just flew...

BNE - SIN - $2414 opposed to $1879
                        SIN - FRA $4131 opposed to $3120

This means i only need around 4 grand total from those two sectors again which means ill hold this enhanced status for another year...waiting to see from september if any enhancements for members are made....

Comment

Well guys final segments came through and yep i have requalified for another year. Thanks to all your help with all my questions. Thing is though i noticed the value for the year reset to zero - im hoping anything over adds onto the total PPS value i have.
                          With this as well i now am a LH SEN

Thanks again
                          Token

Comment

Hey token01, glad to hear you managed to requalify Welcome back to SQTalk too,...it's been a while!

Comment

Congrats, token01! Echoing nickbot, we haven't seen you on SQTalk for some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X