SIN Stopover Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN Stopover Hotel

In planning my trip to the US and Canada in December I find that due to the time that my flight from ADL arrives in SIN, I will need to overnight in SIN before catching SQ28 to LAX (not keen on the 744 SQ12 via NRT). Can anyone suggest a good mid price range child freindly hotel in SIN for the 1 night. Is it worth looking at the SQ Stopover Package or booking direct?

Also on our return from YVR on SQ17 we plan on staying in SIN for 7 nights before returning to ADL. Two years ago we stayed at the Rasa Sentosa and our daughter loved it especially the activities on Sentosa Island. May look at Rasa again, but does anyone have any other suggestions for staying in SIN.

soak01, I think suggestions will depend on your price range, what hotel programmes you're a member of, whether convenience to public transport is important (or are you happy taking taxis) etc.

Comment

Check out the Crowne Plaze Hotel near Changi T3 - it's a good choice if you're simply thinking of parking for the night for your flight on the following day.

Alternatively, do check out the choices available with the SQ Stopovers - and also check with a travel agent too. If you're looking for a good deal, check out Zuji.com.au and au.LastMinute.com too

In general, most of the hotels in SIN are reasonable. As jhm mentioned, it also depends on those other factors that can matter to some of us...

Good luck!

Comment

Any idea when the Crowne Plaza will actually open.

Currently I tend to use the Mercure Roxy or Paramount hotels on the East Coast for a quick one night stop. Excellent brazillian barbecue restaurant nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
          Any idea when the Crowne Plaza will actually open.

Currently I tend to use the Mercure Roxy or Paramount hotels on the East Coast for a quick one night stop. Excellent brazillian barbecue restaurant nearby.
          The Crowne Plaza at SIN has delayed their opening until 28th May.

Comment

Way past the post, I know, but just in case anyone searches at a later date...

I like the Broadway Hotel on Serangoon Road. Whilst it's a cheap hotel, there are cheaper to be had. It's not the friendliest, but it is clean(ish) and quiet, handy for Farrer Park station if you don't have heavy luggage, and you walk out onto a bustling main street with plenty of nightlife. The rooms have aircon, the bathrooms are small, very basic but serviceable. The beds are comfortable. Not much else in the rooms, but what more do you need for a place to crash? I haven't found wildlife in the rooms. And Heaven - aka The Tekka Centre hawker market - is just a stroll away. I think you may need to buy shampoo, but I really can't remember. I'll find out in four weeks.
            Last edited by Mr H; 5 December 2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X