Trip report on SQ22 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip report on SQ22 ?

Can anyone point me to a trip report on SQ22 ? I've searched the site but not come up with much . If anyone has done it - is this one for the champions or what ?

A couple of SQTalkers here have been on it - maybe they can chime in Personally, 18 hours is too much of a stretch for me.

Comment

Thanks SQflyergirl . Found these meanwhile
      http://www.airliners.net/discussions...=SQ22#ID100030
      http://www.airliners.net/discussions...s=SQ22#ID85964

Comment

Well, I prefer this particular report...

SIN-EWR-SIN

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Well, I prefer this particular report...

SIN-EWR-SIN
          Excellent report,...will have to digest it properly when at work tomorrow

Comment

Here's one more on a-Net:
            http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ead.main/65982

I did this route back in 2004 in Y and I enjoyed it despite the very very long flight. Like those who did it in its early days, I got the A345 model and a certificate signed by the Captain.

Maybe the fact that it was the longest flight and the excitement got the better of me and therefore I didn't feel that tired when I arrived. Nowadays, I find sleeping as the best ways to do this route. I did SQ37 LAX-SIN a week back and basically slept most of the way. Staying awake just for meals, 3 movies.

Its not as bad as some make it out to be.

Comment

I've done SQ22 in RAFFLES, and quite enjoyed it. I can't remember when it was but it was on a CRTW before they added the surcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I've done SQ22 in RAFFLES, and quite enjoyed it. I can't remember when it was but it was on a CRTW before they added the surcharge.
                Lucky guys.... never get a chance to fly SQ22.. so how was it... heard the spacebed is quite small... but they are set to remove it (i heard) to the new business class.. read someone that sq changing the A340 to a all J class (can someone verify it?)

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
                  Lucky guys.... never get a chance to fly SQ22.. so how was it... heard the spacebed is quite small...
                  Where did you hear about the Spacebeds in A345 is quite small?

Comment

The 345 Spacebed is a touch narrower than those on the 744, but has 6 inches MORE pitch to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      The 345 Spacebed is a touch narrower than those on the 744, but has 6 inches MORE pitch to compensate.

you got a pic? really want to see how big it is (best if can compare with the 744 spacebed)

Comment

you got a pic? really want to see how big it is (best if can compare with the 744 spacebed)
                        A345

vs (744, sorry, no pic of intermediate seat)

vs (SV series 772)

Pictures courtesy of shortfinals.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone .

Comment

tks for the pics SQflyergirl

find it quite small...

Comment

tks for the pics SQflyergirl

find it quite small...
                              Would you please elaborate your statement regarding this "quite small?"
                              As SQflyergirl pointed out, the A345 pitch just a tad narrower than 744 SpaceBeds. Now, I know, small, large, huge are relative. But I had been on flights with seats similar spacebeds but a narrow pitch. Thus I can't move around while sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                              X