Design Your Own Background View of SPG Card by February 3, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Your Own Background View of SPG Card by February 3, 2008

Got this through e-mail as a SPG Platinum. Thus may be it's a targeted offer.

Select your own member card by 3 February

We have exciting news that you'll be able to carry with you throughout the year. Because you qualified for Platinum status, you have the opportunity to create your own member card for the first time ever.

Think about your style, personality, dream destinations and where your elite status might take you among our more than 860 distinctive properties worldwide. Then choose the member card by 3 February, 2008, that best reflects your future travel aspirations.
    Note: Special thanks to jhm and the Mods.

it must be targetted as I did not receive it...Hmmm

Comment

What is the better view of the ocean resorts?
      • W in Maldives
      • LeMeridien Bora Bora
      • LeMeridien Seychelles
      • Luxury Collection Crete (which looks like KuDeTa view in Bali... )

Comment

Yes, it's for SPG Plats.

I chose the Grant Hotel pic in San Diego bc Sand Diego calls itself, "America's Finest City."

Comment

Originally posted by SQFan
          it must be targetted as I did not receive it...Hmmm
          Originally posted by kevino View Post
          Yes, it's for SPG Plats...
          It was targeted to some PLT and GLD members, but I've not head what criteria was used.

Comment

Well, they weren't very selective since I got an invitation!

Yes, I see now that the e-mail is addressed to "Elite" members so that would include Golds too.

Comment

Only the 50PRG (50% off one redemption) offer here but no nice card for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Only the 50PRG (50% off one redemption) offer here but no nice card for me.
                I got the reverse from you! 50% off redemption is worth more than just a background card right? Especially the fact that I would never dream or even have any interest in any of the hotels as the background.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  50% off redemption is worth more than just a background card right?
                  Not really for me as I transfer nearly all my points to miles. I've only ever redeemed one night in San Sebastian (Easter weekend so rack rate only available) and cash+points for an upcoming Venice stay (a bargain compared to the high room rate). So a background card would be better than nothing!

Now, I need to figure out where to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Now, I need to figure out where to stay...
                    Maldives or Bora-Bora for honeymoon?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      I got the reverse from you! 50% off redemption is worth more than just a background card right? Especially the fact that I would never dream or even have any interest in any of the hotels as the background.
                      Are you sure you didn't get the 50PRG promo? My understanding is that not everyone who was targeted received the email. If you haven't already, call the PLT Concierge and they can verify whether or not you received the promo.

Comment

Well, they weren't very selective since I got an invitation! ...
                        I don't know about that! I got the impression this was done on a "trial basis" so it may or may not be continued going forward (next year, etc) on a similar or larger targeted audience.

Comment

I haven't gotten my card yet and it's March now.

Comment

I haven't gotten my card yet and it's March now.
                            You are not the only one.

Comment

Received my personalized card today.

Note: Personalized card, but no suite upgrades (rarely in 2007). Not like someone here who got suites almost all the times!

Comment

Working...
                              X