Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do SPG Plats get coupons/certificates with their qualification pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do SPG Plats get coupons/certificates with their qualification pack?

Hi guys,

Question... I made Plat for the first time last year (qualified, not comped) and just received my welcome pack. Aren't there supposed to be some 50% off certs (SPG50?) or something, cos I didn't get anything other than the card and membership booklet?

Thanks.

They haven't included certs in the past three or four years. In 2007 the PLT kit included a metal luggage tags. Are you perhaps thinking of the 50% off awards that was offered to PLTs last year? It hasn't yet been announced for 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
      They haven't included certs in the past three or four years. In 2007 the PLT kit included a metal luggage tags. Are you perhaps thinking of the 50% off awards that was offered to PLTs last year? It hasn't yet been announced for 2008.
      Did not get luggage tags last year. And I don't recall any 50% off as well.

Comment

The luggage tags, IIRC, may have been targeted but I don't know what criteria they used. I believe they've been sent out the past few years although last year was the first time I received one. The "50% off awards" was available to PLT members last year, but it hasn't yet been announced for this year.

Comment

Many thanks for the clarifications.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Many thanks for the clarifications.
            Glad to have helped a bit. If you haven't already, you may want to also check the Starwood forum at FlyerTalk. It's an excellent resource when it comes to Starwood & SPG.

Comment

Cawhite and the others are correct. No certs. or luggage tags for plats. The SPG50's come from the Amex SPG credit card, one per year. I don't know where people get the non-Amex SPG50's. You can also use 1k pts. to book an SPG50 rate.

Comment

Originally posted by kevino View Post
                Cawhite and the others are correct. No certs. or luggage tags for plats. The SPG50's come from the Amex SPG credit card, one per year. I don't know where people get the non-Amex SPG50's. You can also use 1k pts. to book an SPG50 rate.
                Most of those I know who use the SPG50s either received them from AMEX or by redeeming 1k *points. I've also been handed several paper certs over the past few years; one of those "right place at the right time" situations.

Comment

SPG50's are pretty easy to obtain on Coupon Connection on flyertalk.com for free or for a few drink chits. Expiring ones can be mailed to Starwood Lurker on flyertalk for new ones with later expiration dates. He doesn't mind doing it.

Comment

I just received this by email :

Redemption. Now 50% closer.
                    A smooth Amarone savored from atop the Grand Canal at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice. A balcony view of castles and cathedrals spanning a thousand years from Le Méridien Budapest. A steamy beachside samba at the Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort, Rio de Janeiro.

Pick your place, right now, with 50% off one Starpoints® hotel redemption, good at any Category 1–5 property in the world for stays through May 31, 2008. This gift comes in appreciation to only a select group of our most valued guests. To recognize your earned Platinum status.* And to continue our promise of delivering the extraordinary.

Comment

I got the same earlier today and am wondering how best to use it. I normally launder my points by converting them into miles. Presumably a few nights at a category 5 would make best use of the 50PRG ?

Comment

I don't see the full T&Cs. I wonder if this works in conjunction with the 5th night free. That would be nice indeed on a Cat 4 or 5.

Comment

I don't see the full T&Cs. I wonder if this works in conjunction with the 5th night free. That would be nice indeed on a Cat 4 or 5.
                          No - it's in the pesky fine print at the bottom of the e-mail:

Award must be issued by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 3, 2008, for a stay completed by May 31, 2008. Offer is valid for one redemption for up to six nights at Category 1-5 properties. Excludes weekend discount awards at Category 1-2 properties and 5th Night Free awards at Category 3-5 properties. Since this 50%-off Starpoints redemption is for Free Night Awards only, it is valid for standard room categories only. Member forfeits Percent Off redemption when modifying award reservation outside the offer dates. If a Percent Off redemption award is canceled, only the amount of Starpoints used to order the Percent Off redemption award will be credited to the member's account. Other restrictions may apply. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.

Comment

Thanks for that. Not a huge time window to book, but I guess I can put it to good use...

Comment

Thanks for that. Not a huge time window to book, but I guess I can put it to good use...
                              The booking window closes just before the hotel category increases are supposed to take effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X