Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which SPG in KL ...

Guys

Will be in KL later next month. Any advice on the choice of SPG hotels? From SPG, I think there are only 2 reasonable ones - Westin and Le Meridien.

At first glance, I would have gone for Westin due to (1) the hotel pics and (2) locality with lots of things to do and see.

Can any of you provide insider info?

I did check the hotel threads all 6 pages but found nothing. Something tells me it might be in the TR section..let me go check and meanwhile, I await your response. Thanks.....

edit : found the KeithMel's Westin KL in TR section.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 29 January 2008, 03:36 PM.

Last year I stayed in Westin KL. Got a suite as SPG Platinum.

Comment

Here's what I received last year from a certain well known KL resident about the hotel locations:

Sheraton - Jalan Sultan Ismail
      Location is not bad.

Le Meridien - Jalan Stesen Sentral
      That whole area is boring.

Westin - Jalan Bukit Bintang
      By far the most happening area.

Shangri-La - Jalan Sultan Ismail
      Location slightly better off than the Sheraton Imperial on the same road.
      (In the end, I stayed at the MO which is next to the KLCC.)

Comment

I haven't been to the Westin or the Le Meridien; all I can say is that I really enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Imperial.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Stayed at the Westin about 4 years ago and the location is good, as was the Hotel. Had no SPG status at the time.

I've stayed at the Hilton which is next to LM and the area is boring. Great for getting to and from KUL via the KLIA Express though. LM doesn't seem to get best reviews but they have the free stays offer on until end of March!.

Also stayed at Shangri-La which is I really enjoyed. Nice view of the towers from the Horizon Club lounge.

Comment

Thank you all then - booked Westin. Can't wait ...

'Most happening' area? That phrase...eek

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              Thank you all then - booked Westin. Can't wait ...

'Most happening' area? That phrase...eek
              When I was staying at the Westin, during the day, I was able to walk around to the shops, coffee shops etc. Even I went to the mall that supposed to be the trade center for electronic, computer, cell phone etc...
              I remembered I went downstairs to the lobby to see friends off around 2 am or later, and I think it was still busy guys and gals went to the club at the hotel...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Even I went to the mall that supposed to be the trade center for electronic, computer, cell phone etc...
                That'd be the Sungei Wang/Low Yat Plaza/Imbi Plaza/BB Plaza Quartet

Comment

Found some pictures from last year stay at Westin Kuala Lumpur.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                    Guys

Will be in KL later next month. Any advice on the choice of SPG hotels? From SPG, I think there are only 2 reasonable ones - Westin and Le Meridien.

At first glance, I would have gone for Westin due to (1) the hotel pics and (2) locality with lots of things to do and see.

Can any of you provide insider info?

I did check the hotel threads all 6 pages but found nothing. Something tells me it might be in the TR section..let me go check and meanwhile, I await your response. Thanks.....

edit : found the KeithMel's Westin KL in TR section.
                    HI...firstly, what would you want to do? If you are staying in Le Meridien, it's located at the KL main railway station (KL Sentral) and it connects you to any part in town but nothing surrounding it except fine dining and night life in Bangsar (which is 20 mins from your hotel)and if you are staying in Westin, it's smack right in the golden triangle (where all the shopping & fine dining is)...i would personally would encourage you to stay in Westin as it's located at the convenient area to move around where eating and shopping is not a hassle...

Have a great stay in KL!!

Comment

Yes, not a great location for the LM at the RR station, but there is a big museum a block away. You have to walk over the overpass to get to it.

If you arrive at the RR station by train you can check into the LM right at the terminal. It's where you exit from the express train from the airport.

Comment

Great! Thanks all.

My plan in KL is not to have a plan at all, if you catch my drift. Just trying to relax and see what the moment takes me. Might even meet up wit SQFG.

I'll take pics and see if I can upload them on SQT given my track record of trying to post TR.

Comment

Working...
                        X