Adelaide Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelaide Airport

I know its not quite the same as many of the trips that many of you take but I thought I'd share some shots of Adelaide Airport taken during a couple of hours on 24 January 2008. The main reason for my visit was to keep my daughter amused for a couple of hours during the school holidays, but I did enjoy catching a glimpse of a familiar sight.

Air New Zealand NZ822 preparing to operate ADL/AKL

Rather odd looking Jetstar JQ A320 operating JQ769 ADL/BNE

Alliance Airlines F50 operating QF2610 to Olympic Dam

Cathay Pacific A330-300 arriving from HKG as CX105. This flight continues to MEL as CX104/5 before returning to HKG

Cathay Pacific CX105 turning on to ADL terminal apron

CX105 lining up for arrival at Gate 15

Virgin Blue B737-700 flight DJ406 arriving from SYD

After arriving as DJ406 at Gate 14, aircraft is being readied for return to Sydney as DJ409

3 Girls In A Row

Qantas QF587 enroute to Perth

An Air New Zealand A320 taxiing to the runway to operate the return NZ822 flight from Adelaide to Auckland

QF0480 commencing pushback from Gate 13 enroute to Melbourne

[

QF0480 ADL/MEL

Regional Express (REX) Saab 340's on stand. Accessed From Gate 50. REX provides flights to regional South Australia

Virgin Blue B737-700 ready for push back in preperation to fly to Sydney. Also a good view of the glass aerobridges which allow passengers views over the apron towards the Adelaide CBD

The view of CX104/5 from the departure concourse. Having arrived from HKG 1 hour earlier now getting ready for pushback enroute to MEL before returning to HKG

SQ and CX are daily visitors to ADL with MH 4 times per week

Branded Qantas 737 Yananyi Dreaming departing Adelaide for Sydney as QF736. Becoming a regular visitor to ADL.

Qantas QF736

Cathay Pacific CX104/5 ADL/MEL/HKG

Comment

CX104/5 awaiting clearance to turn on to the runway.

Virgin Bue flight DJ406 arriving from Sydney. This aircraft is fitted with the new "Live 2 Air" facility as can been seen from the hump near the tail which allows passengers to watch subscriber television in flight.

Virgin Blue Passengers Disembarking From Rear Stairs - DJ406

DJ406 Disembarking by airbridge and tarmac

Having arrived at 7:15am from KUL, MH has a long stay over until return departure at 3:30pm.

View of ADL Terminal 1 Departure Concourse used mainly by Virgin Blue, Tiger Airways and Regional Express. Being a multi-user terminal the glass doors are closed when access is restricted for International departures.

View of ADL Terminal 1 Concourse

Having arrived at 9:05am from Singapore, SQ268 (being operated by 9V-SRF) is pushed back from Gate 22 at 1:00pm for her return flight.

SQ268 ADL/SIN departing terminal apron

Comment

Virgin Blue DJ697 arriving from Hobart

Former QantasLink B717's in storage at the old ADL terminal

After spending a couple of hours at the Airport we headed down to Glenelg which is an Adelaide beachside suburb. From here we caught one of Adelaide's trams back to the CBD.

A tram operating the 35 minute journey between Glenelg and the Adelaide CBD

Highlight of the day. Well that had to be seeing 9V-SRF

Comment

Thanks for sharing Great pics

Comment

one thing i love about ADL ... you can just walk to the gate when you are a visitor... its a good thing for all plane spotters

on a final note : GREAT PICS!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I know its not as exotic as some places, but I'm off to Hobart at the end of February on DJ so I'll see if I can get some pics.

Comment

Nice report

I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X