LH F food: not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH F food: not impressed

LH F food pales in comparison to SQ (including Y) in terms of taste.

In the end, I only had two small starters and a chocolate cake. Skipped the mains because they were not interesting. I'm now gorging on food in the SKL lounge. Yummy!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

In the end, I only had two small starters and a chocolate cake. Skipped the mains because they were not interesting. I'm now gorging on food in the SKL lounge. Yummy!
    Poor you... Still prefer Asian food, do you? I thought you have been used to those western food for all these years!

PS.. Don't forget to post your menu!

Comment

I've not flown SQ F but I quite liked LH F food and happen to think it's better than many other carriers' food in F (including CX, BA and QF pre-enhancements). LH wine list is also quite impressive, though no dom or krug when i flew. And with all due respect - I think it's a bit hyperbolic to suggest that LH F food is inferior to SQ Y. Or maybe my taste buds are just different.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        And with all due respect - I think it's a bit hyperbolic to suggest that LH F food is inferior to SQ Y. Or maybe my taste buds are just different.
        I believe phaleesy is not being sensational. She expresses her preference of food taste. And I could share her remark, because I have my Asian friends who flew western airlines in premium class, and said they would rather go on SQ Y for the food familiarity and taste.
        And of course your taste buds are just different! Remember that you can not have anything spicy.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Poor you... Still prefer Asian food, do you? I thought you have been used to those western food for all these years!

PS.. Don't forget to post your menu!
          I do like western food! Especially 2-3 stars French Michelin food.
          Seriously, I like a good steak or fish and chips!

Would post menu soon.

I've not flown SQ F but I quite liked LH F food and happen to think it's better than many other carriers' food in F (including CX, BA and QF pre-enhancements). And with all due respect - I think it's a bit hyperbolic to suggest that LH F food is inferior to SQ Y. Or maybe my taste buds are just different.
          Actually I find that LH F's food tries too hard to be sophisticated w/o quite achieving the 'IT' taste.

I did not imply that LH food is inferior to SQ Y. Note that I mentioned the word 'taste' which is subjective. No doubt the quality of ingredients in LH F is better and more expensive but it just does not have the 'taste' I wanted. I would have been happy with a nice dish of fried noodles with seafood in SQ Y!

From the example of our differing opinions about cavier, our taste buds are definitely different.

Comment

I did not imply that LH food is inferior to SQ Y. Note that I mentioned the word 'taste' which is subjective. No doubt the quality of ingredients in LH F is better and more expensive but it just does not have the 'taste' I wanted. I would have been happy with a nice dish of fried noodles with seafood in SQ Y!
            ... which explains why a certain person (with Asian tastes perhaps ? ) told me earlier today that s/he prefers the food in the SIN T3 SKL F to that in the LH FRA FCT. Amazing how a person can be bribed with a plate of fresh cooked Ipoh hor fun noodles!

As for myself, I haven't been lucky enough to visit either lounge so don't know...

Is there a menu in the SIN T3 SKL F ? Or do you simply ask the chef to cook what you want ?

Comment

Sounds like you have to come to Amsterdam, phaleesy. The food here is totally decadent. Dutch food apart from Gouda cheese isn't popular not even with the locals - but there are so many great restaurants here with all kinds of cuisines. There's this very trendy restaurant which does French/Asian fusion called Envy near the Pulitzer Hotel in Amsterdam where I currently am. It is Michelin starred, but such great value! I had the most amazing lunch there (Dutch oysters, salmon and asparagus cream soup, veal sandwiches); will be going back for dinner tomorrow evening (different menu) and will hopefully have something positive to report back. Will try to remember to take some pics.

Oh and as for the supper club - totally overrated! Great after dinner dance parties though.

Note that I mentioned the word 'taste' which is subjective.
              Point taken. I do love roast goose with red cabbage! And when paired with a Silvana...mmmmm

Apologies to jjpb3 for the thread hijack...
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Amazing how a person can be bribed with a plate of fresh cooked Ipoh hor fun noodles!

Is there a menu in the SIN T3 SKL F ? Or do you simply ask the chef to cook what you want ?
                The humble Ipoh horfun had a bit of veg, and with the green chilli and sambal sauce, it was heaven. I went for a second helping.

There is no menu. The ingredients are laid out on the table, and you just tell the chef what you want. Pasta is also available. All freshly cooked and brought to the table for you.

Comment

The humble Ipoh horfun had a bit of veg, and with the green chilli and sambal sauce, it was heaven. I went for a second helping.

There is no menu. The ingredients are laid out on the table, and you just tell the chef what you want. Pasta is also available. All freshly cooked and brought to the table for you.
                  What ingredients are there ? Meat ? Fish balls ? Different types of noodles ? A picture would be nice.

Actually I find that LH F's food tries too hard to be sophisticated w/o quite achieving the 'IT' taste.
                  The next you fly LH F in March , perhaps you could ask them to have a look at the simpler offerings in Y ?

Comment

I do like western food! Especially 2-3 stars French Michelin food.
                    Seriously, I like a good steak or fish and chips!
                    Hmm last time I was on LH, there was a steak.
                    From the example of our differing opinions about cavier, our taste buds are definitely different.
                    CAVIAR my dear.

As for myself, I haven't been lucky enough to visit either lounge so don't know...

You just need to fly SQ and LH soon instead of your usual oneworld.
                    Last time I was at SKL F T3, I did not see any menu printed like in VS Lounge or LH FCT/FCL.

Comment

What ingredients are there ? Meat ? Fish balls ? Different types of noodles ? A picture would be nice.

The next you fly LH F in March , perhaps you could ask them to have a look at the simpler offerings in Y ?
                      Don't know how to load the pictures.

Yes, I have always flown LH Y and I have never complained about the food!

Comment

Better switch to SQ flight!

Comment

Apologies to jjpb3 for the thread hijack...
                          Oy, y'all are a handful. Hijacking resolved.

jjpb3
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Shredded chicken, shredded flower mushroom and chye sim. Description from SKL T2. Someone is cooking that now!

Comment

Shredded chicken, shredded flower mushroom and chye sim. Description from SKL T2. Someone is cooking that now!
                              You mean T3 ? Now ... 6am ? Was the chef there all night ?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X