How does gold qualification work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does gold qualification work?

I am currently an SQ*S member since June 2007, and will be upgraded soon after my flight in late April (ending around 28th) to SQ*G. I am thinking of traveling again in mid May, and my choices are TG and a non-Star A airline. However, I am not sure if I would receive my gold card (and my gold status?) so soon (within two weeks), in time for me to enjoy benefits such as lounge access, priority baggage etc etc. Could anyone advise me how does gold qualification from silver usually work please? Do I, in fact, have to wait till my silver expire in June 2008, to be newly qualified as a gold member?

My bad, my silver status expires May 31, 2008. Obviously, also, I have already requalified for silver.

Comment

You'll get your Gold status as soon as the system updates (usually within two days of your flight). Your membership year will also re-set and begin on the date of promotion.

Advanced congratulations.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        You'll get your Gold status as soon as the system updates (usually within two days of your flight). Your membership year will also re-set and begin on the date of promotion.

Advanced congratulations.
        Thanks!! Nice, looking forward to use the lounge... maybe I will call Krisflyer to send my card quick in late April.
        Last edited by EWR; 26 January 2008, 05:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Last December I achieved *G status too. It was on my outbound flight & I wouldn't get my gold card until I returned back home. When I checked in for the return leg, I showed my silver card & I was given lounge access etc & my boarding pass said SQ*G, so as long as the system has updated, you get the privileges etc. It took 24 hours for the system online to update me from *S to *G as well.

However not sure about other airlines - maybe you'll need to show your gold card when travelling with them...

Hope this helps,

Super B Man

Comment

Thanks a lot you guys!

Comment

Be warned though.. No EG card to access lounge only applies to SKLs.. You may have a problem if you're accessing a partner lounge w/o a gold card.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                Be warned though.. No EG card to access lounge only applies to SKLs.. You may have a problem if you're accessing a partner lounge w/o a gold card.
                Okay... Thanks. One more quick question, all I need to access SKL with gold card is to have a Star Alliance boarding pass right? It doesn't matter what fare bucket the ticket is bought in, does it?

Comment

Thats correct... it doesn't matter which fare you purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
                    Thats correct... it doesn't matter which fare you purchased.
                    Hmm, I have yet another question (Sorry!). What if your you have another frequent flier program other than Krisflyer indicated on your boarding pass. Can I use, for instance, an LX boarding pass tied to a UA FFP, and the SQ gold card to gain access to SKL and other Star Gold Lounges?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                      Hmm, I have yet another question (Sorry!). What if your you have another frequent flier program other than Krisflyer indicated on your boarding pass. Can I use, for instance, an LX boarding pass tied to a UA FFP, and the SQ gold card to gain access to SKL and other Star Gold Lounges?
                      Yes. What you need are the *A BP and the *G card. Where the miles will be credited is irrelevant for lounge access.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                      X