Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observation Deck at HKG

Originally posted by vlawkh View Post
    in addition of T2, I do suggest the Citygate mall in Tung Chung, which is 10mins by bus/taxi from the airport. It is now branded as an outlet mall and nice bargain could be found. (it named itself as "outlet" but it actually does not hv an outlet feel, rather like a normal shopping mall) quite a good place to kill time if u hv a long layover in HKG, as goods at airport r juz too expensive.
    I remembered from a trip report from another forum that there is an open-air or rooftop observation deck in HKG. Is this accessible to the public? May I know where is it?

Thanks.

well imo the tung chung mall is tiny..haha
    i dont know about any observation areas, never seen signs to it, never noticed it haha
    maybe some other sqt can help?
    zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
      I remembered from a trip report from another forum that there is an open-air or rooftop observation deck in HKG. Is this accessible to the public? May I know where is it?

Thanks.
      yes there is an openair observation deck in HKG. It is accessible by the public with a fee of HKD15. The deck is located at the roof of the HKIA head office building right aside T2.

Comment

Originally posted by vlawkh View Post
        yes there is an openair observation deck in HKG. It is accessible by the public with a fee of HKD15. The deck is located at the roof of the HKIA head office building right aside T2.

thanks. will check it out sometime
        zxcvbn

Comment

Here are the recommend spotting locations in addition to observation deck at T2
          http://www.hkplanes.com/newguide/locations.html

During the winter time when the sun is shinning from the south, if you go to T2 observation deck to take 07R take off photos, you will get back light...! 07L will use for landing so you won't be able to shoot it only after the aircraft brakes...!

Comment

Just came back from HKG on sun nite. Visited the observation deck. It gave an almost bird's eye view of the whole airport. Aircraft movements on taxiways can be easily monitored. Departures on 07R can be seen quite clearly. However, due to the foggy weather, landing on 07L can't really be seen. Will include some pictures on my trip report if I have the time to do it.

Hoping that SIN have such viewing gallery. Their public galleries r truly rubbish.

Comment

Working...
            X