KF mileage extension query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF mileage extension query

Just a quick question I hope - I have circa 4,500 miles expiring within the next three months and would like to extend them online. As a KF "Elite" Silver, it states that I can extend for 12 months, but that each batch of 10,000 miles costs 1,200 miles to extend - I was under the impression that one could pay cash to extend the miles, but was wondering if this is only open to KF Gold Elite and above?

At least 4,500 minus 1,200 miles is better than losing them completely, but as a not particularly frequent flyer, every mile counts for me and I'd prefer to pay cash to extend Any advice gratefully received!

Update:

I've been playing round with the online mileage extension procedure and have a few more queries! When I select the next three months of expiring miles to extend, I'm presented with the following screen:

The "miles available" boxes next to Jan/Feb/Mar are open to adjustment, i.e. I can easily increase the number of miles from 1,476 in Jan and this would be reflected in the total miles to extend shown at the bottom (above the email address box). My question is, if one can only extend up to three consecutive months’ worth of miles per transaction, why am I able to increase these values, and what implications might this have? As the service fee is 1,200 miles per 10,000 miles extended or part thereof, I'm wondering if I can simply increase the Jan/Feb/Mar totals to 3333, 3333, 3334 respectively in order to bring the total up to 10,000 and thereby extend miles expiring in latter months?

Just wondering what experience others have had with online mileage extension?
    Last edited by nickbot; 23 January 2008, 12:07 AM.

Dear Sir:
    After searching my hand book, which the latest I have is effective February 2006 issue, as KF Elite Silver, extending the miles for 12 months on line will cost you 1,200 miles fee per 10,000 miles or part thereof.
    You have the options for paying with miles (2,000 miles fee per 10,000 miles or part thereof) or US$20 if you extend for 12 months offline.

Thus, if you want to pay the fee with US$ instead of miles fee, you should call the KF line.

Comment

Thank you sincerely SQ LPP US$20 (£10) is certainly more palatable to me than 1,200 miles!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the other matter I mentioned above?

Comment

AFAIK, the miles is extended up to the total miles that would be expired. So if you have 1234 miles that would expire soon, the amount you can extend is only 1234 miles... not more than that.

Comment

Many thanks again

EDIT:

Just came off the phone from KF services (after a v.long hold time!), extended as you said for US$20, so v.happy thanks!
          Last edited by nickbot; 23 January 2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X