BD bonus miles offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD bonus miles offer

Noticed on their website tht if anyone enrolled as a Diamond Club new member there would hv 9,000 miles credit to the account.

This sounds fantastic and I have been attracted to sign up. There must hv some server problem with BD as thus it took me 2 days (with 10+ tries) to successfully submit my application n become a member.

The question is, is BD reli doing relatively poor recently? coz 9,000 miles is not a small amount when consider their network. Or perhaps it is a smart move n there is some hidden truth behind?

I believe the logic is that the more active members in the programme, the higher the business value. BD is expected to be taken over by LH in the near future. You'll find more educated discussion on this topic on TOF.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      ... You'll find more educated discussion on this topic on TOF.
      Too bad knowing that you think the discussion in this board is not educated enough!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        I believe the logic is that the more active members in the programme, the higher the business value. BD is expected to be taken over by LH in the near future. You'll find more educated discussion on this topic on TOF.
        I've had too many drinks to work this out right now, but if the valuation increases, is it better for Sir Bishop's put option or LH's call option if the options are exercised at the same price that LH originally paid for its 30% stake?

*hic*

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          I've had too many drinks to work this out right now, but if the valuation increases, is it better for Sir Bishop's put option or LH's call option if the options are exercised at the same price that LH originally paid for its 30% stake?

*hic*

The put option's value increases as the actual price exceeds the exercise price.

(Does LH have a call option? I thought only the put option is in place.)
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

The put option's value increases as the actual price exceeds the exercise price.

(Does LH have a call option? I thought only the put option is in place.)
            And they say alcohol brings clarity

I don't know how reliable it is, but according to this Telegraph article :

Under a shareholder agreement struck in 1999 when Lufthansa acquired its initial 20pc stake in Bmi for £91.4m, Bishop and the German carrier have a series of "put" and "call" options that could determine Bmi's future ownership.

They can exercise these options at the same price per share that Lufthansa paid for its original stake.

That values Bmi at £457m and Bishop's stake at £229m, though any deal would be adjusted for inflation.

Bishop has until June 2009 to exercise his put option to sell his stake in Bmi to Lufthansa.

The German flag-carrier has a short window to exercise a reciprocal call option, running from December 2008 to June 2009.

Comment

I hadn't known about the call option. Thanks for that.

What an interesting arrangement. If BD's price keeps going up, LH would want to exercise sooner rather than later, but in the end, SMB gets to force the issue.

The membership drive should accelerate in the next few months, eh? I wonder what other short-term maneuvers we're going to see.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Isn't there a clause in the BD T&Cs that non-active members have their accounts terminated after 1 year? Does redeeming miles keep accounts active? If not, many of these 9K members might be terminated in Feb 2009. I know many members of my family will

Comment

Just a quick bump on this thread - I need to join mrs nickbot as a BD member but can't seem to see the 9,000 bonus miles offer on the website, does anyone know if this offer is still running (and if so, could you supply a link?)

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    Just a quick bump on this thread - I need to join mrs nickbot as a BD member but can't seem to see the 9,000 bonus miles offer on the website, does anyone know if this offer is still running (and if so, could you supply a link?)

Many thanks

Same question. I'm trying to sign mummy up and the website says 4500 destination miles only?

Comment

Answering my own question - It is now only 4500 miles.

I'm such a late bird!

Comment

AND... a new clause says you can only use those bonus miles in your own name.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          Answering my own question - It is now only 4500 miles.

I'm such a late bird!
                          Seeing this thread again jogged my memory and initially disappointed me regarding the drop from 9,000 to 4,500 miles; however, I've just signed mrs. nickbot up for an account and it's already showing two lots of 4,500 miles:

...okay, still showing a total of zero, but that's not uncommon whilst points are processed. Seems the offer is still 9,000 miles after all phaleesy When I initially intended to sign her up (when I posted last on this thread), there was no link present on BD's site for a bonus offer, so perhaps they had taken it down temporarily? Anyhow, I'm a happy bunny now!

EDIT

Grrrr! This has now gone back down to 4,500 miles in mrs nickbot's account Ahh well, better than nothing I suppose!
                          Last edited by nickbot; 30 January 2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: BMI stole my miles ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                            Grrrr! This has now gone back down to 4,500 miles in mrs nickbot's account Ahh well, better than nothing I suppose!
                            It always seems to show two lots. When the 9000 was active, it showed two lots of 9000. Just a system thingy I think.

Comment

Another Promotion For New Member of Diamond Club

Join Diamond Club today for 9,000 miles welcome offer

Join Diamond Club, and if you fly with bmi before the 31 March 2009, we'll give you 9,000 destinations miles. That's enough for a free return flight from the UK to one of our European destinations.
                              9,000 Miles Welcome Offer Terms and Conditions

Comment

Working...
                              X