Hotels in Central London this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in Central London this weekend

After reading CGK's thread on London IC/HI properties, I have currently booked the IC Park Lane for only Saturday night becuase they aren't showing any availability for Friday night. Are there any types of rooms to avoid at this property?

I also checked the HI Bloomsbury but the rate is now £155 for Friday night as opposed to the £90 that many have reported here.

I don't mind switching hotels. What are your recommendations? I have no hotel affiliations (yet).

Anyone, please?

Comment

It depends on what you are looking for.
      I know that the hotels at LHR are much cheaper than in the city for the weekend. Thus the saved money can be used to take HEX to the city.
      Also what you plan to do in the city would be a factor as well in my opinion. For example, I like to stay at the LeMeridien Piccadilly or was thinking about Sofitel St James, because it's near the are where I want to be - theater and other stuff.
      But staying in Interconti last time, it was an okay walk from Picc Circus to the hotel at 3am...

Comment

I am not arriving from LHR but from Victoria station.

Using the BOGOF (Buy one get one free) offer, I managed to price out a standard room at HI Bloomsbury at £110 (£55/night, incl VAT).

The BOGOF also gave me a club room at Crowne Plaza The City which came out to be £195 (£97.5/night, excl VAT). Nontheless the rate includes complimentary in-room internet and b'fast/drinks in the club lounge.

I prefer the HI's location but the rate at CP is too good to pass up and the hotel looks much newer.
        Last edited by kchika; 23 January 2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Well, good luck.. sometimes photo in the net is a bit deceptive. Well, HI Bloomsbury for GBP55 a night is really a steal... so not so sure whether double the price would get a double pleasure in Crown Plaza...

Comment

An update. I got two nights at the HI Bloomsbury for £95.95 - that's £47.98 per night including VAT!

Thanks, SQ LPP.

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
              An update. I got two nights at the HI Bloomsbury for £95.95 - that's £47.98 per night including VAT!

Thanks, SQ LPP.
              That's an excellent rate kchika, very pleased you got a good deal. As you mentioned that you don't have any hotel affiliations as yet, I would strongly recommend that you join PriorityClub, as there always seem to be a number of reward offers on. You may well be aware of this, but one example is the current "earn 4,000 bonus points or 1,000 bonus miles on every 2nd qualifying stay" promotion:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...offer-_-emeaen

Hope you enjoy your stay this weekend

Comment

Thanks, nickbot. Just registered.

A stay is considered ‘qualified’ when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates.
                What exactly does this mean? For my stay this weekend, will it be 'qualified'? I assume not because of the dirt cheap rate?

Comment

I'd have to leave this to those who are more expert in the PriorityClub world for an official answer, but just to say I've never failed to get credit for stays when I've booked them through the PC.com website. I would also strongly recommend you search on TOF (The Other Forum, i.e. flyertalk.com) under the IC Hotels section for other bonus codes, as there are a few "stay x nights, get 10,000 points bonus" promotions going on at the moment. It's pretty simple to get Platinum status on PriorityClub with only a few stays, and then you can earn bonus points etc.

Once again, hope you have a good stay at the London SQTalk clubhouse (aka Bloomsbury )

Comment

Checked in at around 8pm but the receptionist didn't seem to be very welcoming. The location is indeed a big plus and the room is bigger than I thought.

Its 2:41am now and I've just been to the Tesco around the corner to get some drinks. The room has a mini-bar that has nothing in it which came in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
                      ...The room has a mini-bar that has nothing in it which came in handy.
                      Always handy! I've previously been stuck with trying to solve the complex 3-D jigsaw puzzle of wedging my own bottle(s) of wine/champagne into an already full mini-bar fridge at the hotel,...made more difficult by it being an automatically sensing fridge so it's more like something off the krypton factor

Comment

Got 1667 points for this stay. I've also registered for the "earn 4,000 bonus points or 1,000 bonus miles on every 2nd qualifying stay" promotion. So I'll get 4,000 bonus points on my next stay?

Comment

Highly probable I'd say

Plenty more promo's if you're points hungry,...if you have 60 seconds and fancy 250 points then try this one:

https://www.priorityclubpromotion.com/survey/

Comment

Working...
                          X