Premier tourist/shopping mecca...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier tourist/shopping mecca...

I have been perusing information at various sites about Singapore hotels, and I keep seeing references to Raffles City and Suntec centers.

Is one or both of these areas the "premier" entertertainment/shopping area in Singapore now?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am just getting up to speed on Singapore.

Also, by what term do the local Singaporeans use to refer to the subway transit system?

fclass

Well, it depends on how you would define "premier". Raffles City sure has a good mix of tenants after it's renovation. Suntec is okay, but I don't really like the crowd over there. For me, I love to shop at Vivocity as it is currently the largest mall in Singapore, with the widest range of shops (retail, food etc.). It also houses the largest cineplex in Singapore.

The subway is commonly known as the MRT by the locals. Its on of the most affordable way to get around Singapore. Hope this helps.

We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Raffles City and Suntec are two of those "Mega" shopping mall outside Orchard Rd. belt....

Personally, I find Suntec is a little bit hard to navigate due to their levels arrangement....

Probably, It would be best to shop at Orchard...since you don't have to stick in a Mall for the whole day...but you can walk along the streets too like from Ngee Ann to Paragon then to Atria (triangle route )

Hope it can help...

Comment

Working...
      X