Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where To Spend Time in Singapore Between 2am - 6am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Spend Time in Singapore Between 2am - 6am?

I am planning to do mileage runs for my UA status miles. Instead of waiting for my flight back to the US between midnight and 7am at Changi Airport, is there a good place to go to sit, to drink, to eat, and to surf internet? I recall there is an outdoor McDonald outside Isetan at Scotts Road which opens 24 hours. I am not sure whether wifi is available though. Somewhere bright and safe.
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Originally posted by UA MM View Post
    is there a good place to go to sit, to drink, to eat, and to surf internet?
    I don't know about surfing the Internet but I have been to Geylang a few times late at night for durian, coconut etc.

Try also this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157

Comment

St James?

Mega clubbing hub, with restaurants available.... instead of sitting in front of a computer, go listen to live bands, three clubs to choose from, Bellini Room for jazz, Movida for latin and Drangonfly for mandopop...... or if you like dancing, then pop into Powerstation for hiphop/trance, but the last one is filled with the under 30s crowd....

When you are hungry from all the grooving to the music, hop on to StationKitchen for a variety of food, and they are good too, prices are not expensive.....

St James is normally packed from 11 pm to 5 am.... but becareful at 5 am, it may not be so easy to catch a cab to the airport then.....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by UA MM View Post
        I am planning to do mileage runs for my UA status miles. Instead of waiting for my flight back to the US between midnight and 7am at Changi Airport, is there a good place to go to sit, to drink, to eat, and to surf internet? I recall there is an outdoor McDonald outside Isetan at Scotts Road which opens 24 hours. I am not sure whether wifi is available though. Somewhere bright and safe.
        Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
        Assuming you're coming in on UA895 and leaving on UA896, that leaves you only with roughly 5 hours to putter. By the time you're off 895 and through customs, it will be closer to 0100. When I have to fly out on 896, I usually leave Chinatown around 0400 so I can make the 0650 departure. Clarke Quay and St. James are a similar distance. So if you leave Changi, you'll probably have at most, 3 hours to play. Leaving Changi that late (when 895 arrives) usually means that it takes about 20+ minutes to get into town via taxi. The big problemo is trying to find a cab going back. If you're planning to club, you'll have to fight the kiasu crowds all trying to get a cab all at once. Don't forget the 50% surcharge for taxi fare after midnight AND the Changi Airport surcharge too.

You may want to try to book a spot at the Transit Hotel or one of the day rooms. It's nice to have a shower and a nap. Terminal 1 has a lot of stuff to keep busy. Free Wireless.sg is available throughout the airport so if you have a SG SIM card, you can register for an account. If you can get airside on T3, grab a beer at Brewerkz...

Long story short: If you want to be stress free about things, spend the night at Changi...

Comment

I agree it's best to stay in the airport, esp. if you can get into the SQ first or business class lounge. Save money and fewer hassles.

Yes, the McDonalds on Scotts is open 24 hours. If you sign up for free wireless from Singtel, you should be able to get a signal there, though I haven't tried it. I've tried outstide the Hilton though and got the Singtel signal.

You can get Singtel in the Conrad lobby (probably from Millenia Walk) and also the hotel's wi-fi in the Conrad lobby (don't tell anyone ).

Comment

I believe several outlets at T3 are also open 24 hours, such as the Straits Bar.

Comment

Retail outlets in T3 that are opened 24 hours:

L2 Transit Mall
              Chocolates, Candy, Delicatessen by King Power International (Opp. Luxury Collections)
              Perfume & Cosmetics by Nuance-Watson (Opp. Immigration & Opp. Singapore Visitor Centre)
              Harris (Opp. Bvlgari)
              Watson's Personal Care Store
              Liquor & Tobacco by DFS (Next to Post Bar)

L3 Transit Mall
              Cheers (Take escalator opp. Luxury Collection, next to Burger King)

L1 Arrival Hall
              Cheers (Opp. Infomation Counter)
              Liquor & Tobacco by DFS

Food & Beverages outlets in T3 that are opened 24 hours:

L2 Transit Mall
              Post Bar by The Fullerton Hotel (Opp. Immigration)
              The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Next to Hard Rock Cafe)
              Bao Luo *** Xiang (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)
              Bread Papa Sweets (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)
              Guylian Belgium Chocolate Cafe (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)
              Mrs Field's (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)
              Reload (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)
              Toast Box (At Quickbites, opp. Montblanc)

L3 Transit Mall
              Gelare Cafe
              Burger King

L1 Arrival Hall
              McDonald's (Next to SIA Stopover Holiday)
              The Coffee Connoisseur
              Tosto

B2 B2 Mall@T3
              KOPI (Next to Mini Toons)

Good places to rest in T3:
              Recliners behind Hard Rock Cafe
              Seats behind GST Refund
              Seats at L3 (Take escalator next to DFS Market Place)

There might be more shops that are opened 24 hours. Feel free to add on to the list.
              Last edited by nykelaz; 5 February 2008, 07:55 PM.
              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
              X