Added charges for Ticket for change in usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added charges for Ticket for change in usage

I was supposed to fly to Shanghai in October. Price of Ticket is SGD 3,000. But my trip was postponed to this Friday. After doing the necessary on the timing, the customer service officer did a check and told me I have now to pay SGD 100+ more because of the increase in fare. Have any of you got the same treatment and what can we do about this (knowing how SQ is such a pain)?

It is a common for any airlines to do refares. If you reschedule the whole ticket, repricing will be a norm. So, it is nothing to relate to your view as SQ being a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      It is a common for any airlines to do refares. If you reschedule the whole ticket, repricing will be a norm. So, it is nothing to relate to your view as SQ being a pain.
      Thanks for the feedback. It was a indeed new experience for me. The statement SQ being a pain was referring to the past pains of dealing with SQ ticketing and non-cabin air service. Sorry to say this but found SQ to such be a pain many times. I still liked SQ in-cabin service and that is that is what keeping me around despite the substantially higher price and I am paying from my own pocket.

Of course if you read the fine print it will there. I wished it is stated prominently on the ticket or when the ticket schedule was changed by the customer service, we have been told that it may involved a repricing.

Could not find the condition on the ticket itself or the condition of carriage. But finally found something after a long search that states "fare level may change". Not sure what it means by this has no further explanation was attached. In fact, I read this in past purchase of e-tickets but did not fully appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I always thought that buying an airline ticket is a fixed contract but it is not so. The airline does not refund you if the ticket price has been re-priced downwards.

For me the lesson is to learn as much about the system for e.g. through SQTalk and don't let the counterparty punish you for your own ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        .....Unfortunately, I always thought that buying an airline ticket is a fixed contract but it is not so. The airline does not refund you if the ticket price has been re-priced downwards......
        The fare and contract is fixed based on your first flight segment. There should be no increase in fare if you don't change your first segment.

Comment

Conversation between me and reservations officer (RO) somewhere in the UK:

Me: I wish to cancel my ticket
          RO: No problem I can process it for you right now
          Me: Is there a cancellation charge?
          RO: Let me check........ no, no cancellation charge at all.
          Me: That's great, when will I receive my refund?
          RO: Oh, you won't be getting a refund, this is a non-refundable ticket.
          Me: Oh dear, does that mean I can't cancel this ticket?
          RO: Of course you can sir, you just won't get of your money back. Shall I go ahead and process it for you?

I ended up changing the dates and paid 15pounds more for the new dates.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback that makes me wiser. Spoke with the customer service team leader this morning. We have had a pleasant chat and the answer was no from the manager. She incidentally asked me why I have an open ticket as they don't normally charge if it is a fixed schedule. I told them it was because the open ticket was suggested by her customer service officer when I did the changes. My initial thoughts were to put a date on it rather than open.

Comment

Just to keep everyone updated, SQ has finally agreed to waive the charges after listening to the recordings of the conversation to change the tickets from fixed dates to open schedule. However, have to pay SGD 24 in addition airport tax. I accept that additional payment of taxes.

Glad things turned out right and I am grateful to the staff for fighting hard to get it done after 3 internal appeals.

Comment

Working...
              X