Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Flying CX / Need to Sleep at HKIA

Greetings,

Apologies for the self important thread title.

I am flying CX. Long story but I got it for S$ 499. My rational head is not on obviously but... sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

I need to sleep in Hong Kong International Airport. My CX arrives at 2210 but my friends do not arrive until 1020. Yes, I know it's 12 hours in the airport but I have no choice really. I'm on a budget.

Also, maybe they have a transit hotel or just a place for me to freshen up. I don't want to carry two suitcases, but will carry two if I have to, it's not going to kill me, and was wondering if I could just stay airside and pick up my suitcase (from the baggage carousel) later. Or maybe a CX agent can get it and bring it airside to me.

Surely that must be possible. CX is supposedly one of the above average airlines in the world. I hope so anyway.

Kind regards

However, I was more than unimpressed at the fact that she was using a Cathay Pacific pen to write with. This unsettled me.
    ... and now you're actually flying on CX ?

What would DPK, G'O and all of the other potential good wives from Singapore Airlines Limited - a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines Group - A member of Star Alliance think ?

Seriously, here a look here:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/hongkong.htm

And I think there's also a thread about this subject on TOF somewhere.

Comment

I'll ask on the CX forum.

It's like, my bag is O&D-ing in HKG so it's just going to be rolling around the carousel. I need a CX staff member to pick it up and give it to me.

Thanks for the sleeping in HKIA link though.

And yes, I have to fly CX. I told you my head wasn't screwed on. I'll go with an open book though. We'll see how good they really are.

Comment

Wow...... it does mean that the speculative trip report that WOULD have been written by you on airliners.net will actually come true!

http://www1.airliners.net/discussion...re_air#ID73496

Please, do stick to the script though. You certainly don't want to deviate from KrisworldB777's plot.

Comment

STOP PRESS! STOP PRESS!

Singapore_Air flying CX!

This news has supplanted CGK flying Y

I think I can speak on behalf of all on this board that we DEMAND a trip report.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Singapore_Air flying CX!

I think I can speak on behalf of all on this board that we DEMAND a trip report.
            Someone once did a spoof trip report on airliners.net about titled something like "Singapore_Air flies CX - speculative". Looks like its coming true

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Singapore_Air flying CX!

My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Someone once did a spoof trip report on airliners.net about titled something like "Singapore_Air flies CX - speculative". Looks like its coming true

Link is in my post above........

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                  Link is in my post above........
                  Ah...need new glasses

Comment

Check in was smooth using the online checkin queue with no queue.

Just asked a group of CX flight attendants for a group picture as they were heading for Gate F40. Unfortunately they declined because they all had bags of takeaway food with them in hand. It would have been "too embarassing! Sorry ah?"

I'll try again on board the flight. They seem nice enough.

The flight is overbooked in all classes but not so overbooked in Economy that they cannot handle it. I was hoping to be upgraded to J on the United Air Lines flight tomorrow morning or even the SQ868 tonight but alas not.

Farewell from Singapore.

Comment

Working...
                    X