The LCC bloodbath on the SIN-KUL route begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LCC bloodbath on the SIN-KUL route begins

I presume Tiger are the only ones using the Budget Terminal at Changi ?.

Jetstar Asia is to launch daily flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur from 1 February 2008. Passengers departing from Singapore get to fly from Changi Airport Terminal One and arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

To celebrate, Genting is partnering Jetstar Asia to give away one-night free stay to the first 200 bookings made online for travel from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur between 15th and 20th January 2008 at First World Hotel Genting. For passengers flying from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Nirwana Gardens Bintan is collaborating with Jetstar Asia in giving 100 free room nights’ stay in the assortment of beach resorts owned by Nirwana Gardens for the first 100 bookings made online between 15th and 20th January 2008.

CEO, Chong Phit Lian said, “We believe in giving more value to our passengers: lower fares, exciting resort stays and operating from Terminal One of Changi Airport and Main Terminal of KLIA.”

Promotional fares start from as 88 cents one-way for passengers traveling out of Singapore and 1.88 Malaysian Ringgit one-way from Kuala Lumpur (all fares exclude surcharges and taxes).

It's about time.

Comment

About time. I priced out the AK routing ex KUL, with the RM29.99 promo fare it works out to about RM397, which is less than half what the Golden goose and the Red and Blue kite charge.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        About time. I priced out the AK routing ex KUL, with the RM29.99 promo fare it works out to about RM397, which is less than half what the Golden goose and the Red and Blue kite charge.
        SQ GV2 round-trip fare ex-SIN is now being advertised at $286 pp all-in online. That's already a bloodbath in the SQ revenue dept.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I presume Tiger are the only ones using the Budget Terminal at Changi ?.

Jetstar Asia is to launch daily flights between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur from 1 February 2008. Passengers departing from Singapore get to fly from Changi Airport Terminal One and arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

To celebrate, Genting is partnering Jetstar Asia to give away one-night free stay to the first 200 bookings made online for travel from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur between 15th and 20th January 2008 at First World Hotel Genting. For passengers flying from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Nirwana Gardens Bintan is collaborating with Jetstar Asia in giving 100 free room nights’ stay in the assortment of beach resorts owned by Nirwana Gardens for the first 100 bookings made online between 15th and 20th January 2008.

CEO, Chong Phit Lian said, “We believe in giving more value to our passengers: lower fares, exciting resort stays and operating from Terminal One of Changi Airport and Main Terminal of KLIA.”

Promotional fares start from as 88 cents one-way for passengers traveling out of Singapore and 1.88 Malaysian Ringgit one-way from Kuala Lumpur (all fares exclude surcharges and taxes).
          Correction... 5J (Cebu Pacific) also operates out of BT. It currently flies to MNL/CEB....

Understand AK/FD will move their operations to BT once the latter goes through upgrading sooner or later..
          A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKD View Post
            Correction... 5J (Cebu Pacific) also operates out of BT. It currently flies to MNL/CEB....
            I'm aware of that. I was talking about them being the only LCC using the Budget/LCCT for the KUL flights, the subject of the thread.

My fault for not bearing clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              SQ GV2 round-trip fare ex-SIN is now being advertised at $286 pp all-in online. That's already a bloodbath in the SQ revenue dept.
              286SGD is a good price, They're advertising it as RM 706 all in online from this end.

It's still nowhere near 397 Ringgit, but it's a start .

AK's fare isn't a GV2 fare, it's an FIT fare so one more advantage.

Comment

think air asia will be more aggressive and offer lower fares than sin LCC as tiger n jetstar gets one daily flight each only. The real competition with the big boys ie SQ/MH is not yet really - until the both govts allows doubling or more LCC flights - then thats where the fight will be. But on LCCs its better tp pay the rm6 for the priority boarding to get a choice seat instead of rushing with the rest of the herd - ditto for tiger.

Comment

Working...
                X