Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tickets for covent garden london

hi,
    I just wanted to ask if someone would know how to get 3 tickets for la traviata on the 26th of january at the royal opera covent garden in London. As the performance is totally sold out and I really want to get tickets for that performance, my last chance is to ask you, if you know a trick how to get tickets.

Best regards
    hon2
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

hon2, look at the black market prices for these tickets!
    http://www.gumtree.com/london/76/18364276.html

The direct and cheapest way to do it is through the ticket office. People do return their tickets and the box office sells them again. So I guess you'd have to call them very regularly to check. If there are any ROH Trust members lurking on SQTalk, they might be able to help you get tickets since they have priority for ticket purchases (including returns).

I think 3 tickets is difficult to get. 1 or 2 tickets likely. Just be prepared to pay more (expensive seats or black market prices).

La Traviata is nice but I prefer The Magic Flute or Don Giovanni. Nice, deep baritones.

Just curious, is there anything special about this particular production?
    Last edited by phaleesy; 13 January 2008, 08:11 AM. Reason: Just curious, trust members

Comment

Folllowing on from phaleesy's post and perhaps in future for hon2, just to mention that ROH opera/ballet tickets go on sale about half a year in advance.

Certain seats are guaranteed, i.e. the top levels of ROH Trust membership which give you a specific seat for every single night (which you either use or sell back through the Trust box office) or a pair of seats for the first night of every production. Following that, ordinary Trust members get priority in the booking ballot for a pair of seats for every performance (which is the main benefit of Trust membership although it'll cost you about £4.5k/year for the privilege plus of course you still have to pay for the tickets themselves) followed by the various categories of Friends (starting from less than £100 to around £2k) and finallly the general public ballot.

With certain productions, you really have to be a member of the Trust to get seats somewhere decent but (to be expected) the service you get from the Trust box office is very good and you're top of the waiting list for returns.

Comment

Working...
      X