Questions on Upgrade redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Upgrade redemption

Stucked at the immigration this afternoon in Guangzhou airport, missed the flight after i check-in all bags and got the boarding pass. I went back to the counter and canceled the booking, however i was on upgrade redemption from economy to business, just wondering if i am allow to change the date of the upgrade redemption, how much more kf-points/cash do i have to pay? am i allow to change the date once the upgrade redemption ticket has been issued?

thank you ...

Should be no charge to change date, however if you got the upgrade using the 15% off online discount, then (I think) those are non-changeable.

Comment

Well, I booked an award flight recently using the online discount and managed to miss it (I woke up in a HKG hotel 30 mins before flight departure). In order to change it, I had to pay a change fee (cash or miles) and also a fee to return the online booking discount (cash or miles - my option was either US$75 or 7,500 KF miles).

Comment

just called up krisflyer service centre, 7500 kf points required or 75 USD. ermm.. 75USD? worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by tokyonite View Post
          just called up krisflyer service centre, 7500 kf points required or 75 USD. ermm.. 75USD? worth it?
          7500KF miles are worth a lot more (to me) than 75 USD. It'd cost me a whole lot more than that to earn or buy.

Comment

If you have travel insurance, this should be claimable?

Comment

I share SQfg's POV on the value of 7500 KF miles.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

save me 75USD

haha... emailed krisflyer service centre yesterday and explained the situation to them.... checked the booking status this morning, they've changed the date.. fees waived (email is betta)

Comment

Working...
                X