Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Club status demotion woes!

(Apologies for the long post!)

I just logged into my PriorityClub account this morning to register for a couple of promos received in my email statement, only to see that my status had reverted to Gold I don't have a handle on how many points I earnt during 2007, but I was pretty sure I'd earnt enough points by the end of Feb (i.e. over 60,000) to maintain Plat for 2008.

During the year, I'd used up circa 280,000 points to purchase KF miles and was worried that this had impacted upon my status (although it really shouldn't have!), but with the quadruple points bonus of late '07, I was absolutely *sure* I'd earnt enough from October onwards at the very least to maintain Plat.

I gave them a call and the service centre operative said that I had failed to earn over 60,000 points or stayed more than 50 nights during 2007 to maintain Plat for '08 - I said that this simply couldn't be true and, racking my brains, asked her to pull up a stay/conference from Feb which cunningly netted me a substantial amount of points. She asked me to wait a moment, then said "oh yes, for that stay you earnt 58,000 points, but this is still insufficient to maintain Plat." "Okay" I say, "pull up my next stay as I surely only need 2k points on top of that, and 10 more months of stays in '07 to achieve those 2000 points, don't I?" "just a moment sir..." she replies...

Anyhow, after obviously speaking to her supervisor for a few minutes she comes back on the line and says words to the effect of "as a one time exemption, we've agreed to upgrade you to Platinum in this case". Obviously I was pleased with the outcome, but not the way in which it was presented and so challenged this by saying it certainly *shouldn't* be a one time exemption - by this time I'd pulled up the last 180 days history of my PC account on my PC and saw that I'd earnt over 65,000 points since late October,...added to the 58,000 points in February this, I stated, certainly more than comfortably took me over the threshold of Plat. This wasn't an exemption, nor an upgrade, but simply reinstating the status that I'd earnt! I did get an apology, but I think her choice of words could have been a little better

Sorry for the rant, it was a relatively easy situation to rectify (I hope, will be checking on status over the next few days to make sure I don't get demoted again!), but a situation that really shouldn't have happened. Just serves as a warning I suppose for anyone redeeming large amounts of points during the year, it seems that this can confuse the "points earnt" tally and even cause it to go into negative numbers, thereby impacting upon status for the following year.

All's well then congrats

Comment

I hate it when this happens, you catch them being wrong and they somehow make out that they are doing you a favour by correcting it

I had it once at the SKL where they refused to let me bring in a guest. When I pointed out that I was entitled to bring in a guest, she replied well OK just this once. Admitedly she probably new about the changes to the access rules to the SKL and she was right it was just that once that I was entitled to bring in a guest.

Comment

Congrats on retaining PC Platinum, nickbot. Good on you for calling them on their error!
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
        X