Hotels in Beijing And Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in Beijing And Jakarta

Hi heading in Beijing and Jakarta in a couple of weeks... any recomendations on hotels.

Possibly PEK of more interest.

thanx
    Question?

never been to PEK ... but in Jakarta ... I really loved staying at the Gran Melia.
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I would love to recommend the club room at the Ritz Carlton Jakarta. Intercontinental Midplaza is pretty good too. But then, it's all down to your budget as well.

Comment

I live in Beijing (right now) what is your budget and what are you planning to do here?

Some more info will be helpful to give you ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
          I live in Beijing (right now) what is your budget and what are you planning to do here?

Some more info will be helpful to give you ideas.
          Oh great... normally the clients picks up that side. It is a business trip. I was talking with them today and they talked about the Sheraton and another one that slips my mind. I didnt right it down. So that kind of standard I guess.

Will have pretty tight schedule... KUL x 4 days , JAK x 6 and then PEK x 5/6.

Would appreciate any websites on places for quick visits while I am there you can direct me to. Very excited about visiting and checking out some sites when I can fit them in.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
            Oh great... normally the clients picks up that side. It is a business trip. I was talking with them today and they talked about the Sheraton and another one that slips my mind. I didnt right it down. So that kind of standard I guess.

Would appreciate any websites on places for quick visits while I am there you can direct me to. Very excited about visiting and checking out some sites when I can fit them in.
            Le Meridien is nice on the club floor in CGK......if it's in a convenient place to where you need to be as the traffic is gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
              Le Meridien is nice on the club floor in CGK......
              You may have had a different experience. But I know a bunch of people on this board (self included) who would call the Le Meridien a dump!

Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons are all significantly nicer than Le Meridien, while their internet rates are not that much different.

Comment

It is sad that Starwood does not have a better property in Jakarta other than Le Meredien. It will stay true until St. Regis is completed in another 2 - 3 years time. Last update was that The Westin was cancelled and the building would be converted into an office building. The properties at the airport and the one at around Chinatown are just not 5 star enough.

There are lots of nice hotels in Jakarta all with very good price range. The 2nd Ritz Carlton has just opened up as well on the Pacific Place close to the Jakarta Stock Exchange, so you should give it a try if you budget permits...I believe this is an suite hotel. Other nice hotels not mentioned yet are: JW Marriott (across from the Ritz Carlton in Grand Kuningan), Mulia Hotel (near the Senayan Sports Complex and the Senayan Shopping District), Shangri-La Jakarta, The Nikko Jakarta (new wing) as well as The Dharmawangsa (this is top of the class - even a valet to pick you up at the pre-immigration point at the airport - so no need to go through the long immigration queue at CGK). Except for Dharmawangsa which is a bit out of the way, all hotels are basically around the Sudirman, Thamrin, Kuningan, and Senayan business districts.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  You may have had a different experience. But I know a bunch of people on this board (self included) who would call the Le Meridien a dump!

Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons are all significantly nicer than Le Meridien, while their internet rates are not that much different.
                  I have a certain contact at Le Meridien who showed me a wonderful time in Jakarta.....perhaps that is why! I certainly found it better priced and nicer than another certain hotel(which will remain nameless) which is truly a dump!

Comment

I've stayed at the Shangri-La and the Sheraton near the airport, which is too far out if you need to be in town much.

The Shang was great with a nice (Horizon) club lounge, I would definitely recommend it. It's got a 'lively' nightclub there as well...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I've stayed at the Shangri-La and the Sheraton near the airport, which is too far out if you need to be in town much.

The Shang was great with a nice (Horizon) club lounge, I would definitely recommend it. It's got a 'lively' nightclub there as well...
                      and a rich bar-tender

Comment

I would recommend Hotel Mulia, near the Sudirman district and also close to 2 major shopping malls (Plaza Senayan and Senayan City).

The Grand Hyatt is also nice, conveniently located in the Plaza Indonesia complex (with its mall the EX entertaiment zone) and just next door to the newly opened Grand Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          But I know a bunch of people on this board (self included) who would call the Le Meridien a dump!
                          From your statement, now I get it. I stayed in a dump place many times in 2007. Well, it's my budget only goes for a dump place, not for the Ritz, or Four Seasons, or others recommended here.
                          In short, the budget of the person traveling plays the role. And also a frequent guest status plays a role in most part.

To clarify about dump place Le Meridien, there are two wings. Main tower's elevator is locted straight ahead from the main entrance. To go to the new wing's elevators, one has to go through corridor right after check-in desk, and a bit walk to the direction of one of the night club (can't remember the name exactly as forties or old days). The rooms in this new wing in my opinion looks better and bigger. As a SPG PLAT I was able to use the Club. It's pretty decent and better than many other places.
                          I do remember to stay at this hotel for the rate between $60 - $100 for the lowest room category. But if I look up for the rates of the room I stayed, it way beyond that. In the mean time Grand Hyatt would go for $140 up, and that's without Club access. And I don't have any status at the Hyatt anymore.
                          Anyhow, after all I am not a business traveler likes most of the people on this board. My opinion must not be up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post

Ah okay so you are staying in Chaoyan prefecture. Well Salitun (night bar area) and embassy area (most expensive in Beijing)

Right around there you have a couple of hotels.

Sheraton Great Wall (5 star) right next door is going to be Landmark Hotel (4 star)
                            Kempenski Hotel (5 star).
                            If you can get your client to pay for Kunlun Hotel (suppose to be one of the best) go for this one. These hotel's are all within 1 kilometer part roughly.

The Hilton is located around there also.

If you go a little further apart there is Swisshotel suppose to be 4 or 5 star depending on gradings, not sure though.

If you want to use www.asiatravel.com/china/beijing.html or www.asiarooms.com those have some good deals and a rough cost estimate.

If you are in PEK while I am I wouldn't mind going out to lunch/dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                              The Grand Hyatt is also nice, conveniently located in the Plaza Indonesia complex (with its mall the EX entertaiment zone) and just next door to the newly opened Grand Indonesia.
                              i second that! i like thamrin in general. splendid location!
                              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                              X