Poke poke, wake up, sir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poke poke, wake up, sir

I'm hoping I wasn't too rude bringing this to the attention of the lead FAs on my CX253 flight, but I was woken up from my nap by an (IMO) over-eager FA, so that I could sign for my dutyfree purchases.

Was I justified in complaining about this (this was two hours into the HKG-LHR flight)? Should I have let things stand as they were, and just attributed it to inexperience (I've never, on my SQ, CX, BA, UA, AA flights, been woken up to sign for my dutyfree purchases)?

I might have been cranky about the end to my holiday, so I'm open to your perspectives.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Getting poked on a flight? Might be some folks's idea of fun

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Getting poked on a flight? Might be some folks's idea of fun
      Different pokes for different folks.

Comment

As I understand it (on SQ and CX), the ones doing the duty-free are the most junior so I'd chalk it down to inexperience rather than rudeness. I think it would also depend how I was poked...

Comment

You got poked where? Exciting?
          If I were the crew, I would tap the pax gently (at first) to wake him/her up. Could it be the poking is a cultural difference? When I took traitors air long haul couple years ago, I could sense the difference culturally (with my background and ethnicity) in the interaction between pax and crew, which for me would not be considered polite way to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            If I were the crew, I would tap the pax gently (at first) to wake him/her up. Could it be the poking is a cultural difference? When I took traitors air long haul couple years ago, I could sense the difference culturally (with my background and ethnicity) in the interaction between pax and crew, which for me would not be considered polite way to do.
            I actually expected to be left alone until I woke up. We had more than 8 hours from the end of the meal service to landing. Surely the crew could have waited for my signature in that time period?
            Originally posted by jhm View Post
            As I understand it (on SQ and CX), the ones doing the duty-free are the most junior so I'd chalk it down to inexperience rather than rudeness. I think it would also depend how I was poked...
            Yep, I chalked it up to inexperience. I figured I would give feedback, however, so that future occurrences could be avoided. (To CX's credit, I did get three separate apologies: one from the purple jacketed [Pinay] FA, one from the Y cabin crew head, and one from the FA herself).

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              one from the purple jacketed [Pinay] FA, one from the Y cabin crew head, and one from the FA herself
              Excuse me for my CX ignorance (only being a mere CX green and not a gold or even a silver ) but my understanding (from here also) is that the purple jacketed FA is the senior purser in charge of a particular cabin so who was the Y cabin crew head ?

Comment

FWIW I would have complained too...

Comment

Excuse me for my CX ignorance (only being a mere CX green and not a gold or even a silver ) but my understanding (from here also) is that the purple jacketed FA is the senior purser in charge of a particular cabin so who was the Y cabin crew head ?
                  The Pinay must have been the ISM, because the guy who introduced himself to me referred to her as "my manager". He referred to himself, however, as the one "in charge of the cabin team today", so I assume CX has sub-teams (one team specifically charged with the Y cabin, for instance). It was a familiar Filipina accent that graced the announcements at takeoff and landing. Perhaps he was the senior purser in charge of the Y cabin?

All a wash for me, as I received great service (hooray for the personal greeting for MPO Golds ) aside from the poking.

Comment

I actually expected to be left alone until I woke up. We had more than 8 hours from the end of the meal service to landing. Surely the crew could have waited for my signature in that time period?
                    Now I get it. Yes, if it is still 8 hours to go, the FA should have waited.

Comment

Different pokes for different folks.

Oooh I knew that was coming!

Well done.

Comment

Really? I always get the green kebayas (LSS) who helped with the orders, rather than the blue ones. I think only the LSS will do the Krisshop duties onboard.

Paging SQFAN, green kebayas taking your orders...

Comment

You might be right! In my excitement at the arrival of the duty free trolley (bringing down the average age of the cabin ), I might have mistook green for blue!

Comment

Now we are all going to try this - order some duty free and then pretend to be asleep when they come back so we get a damn good poking

Comment

jjpb3, forgive the young ones for they have much to learn the way of jjpb3's desires.

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post

Paging SQFAN, green kebayas taking your orders...
                              SQFAN poked his head above the parapet. Ooh, Green kebaya. Nice

Comment

Working...
                              X