Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Delays: MH Sucks!!

Guys,

I am now in Penang International Airport MH Lounge...and guess what?? My MH 1157 flight to KLIA is delayed ever since 6.40pm and retimed to 8.40pm....I am already here for 3 hours...what the hell wrong with MH nowadays? It's been very frequent!!
    Idris Jala is really squeezing his funds for a much faster profit huh? Not a good idea for a turnaround plan....

After having experienced 12 hour delay without compensation with MH, I stopped flying with them. Guess you will have to do the same.

Comment

Was that the only delay flight that you have encountered, or you consistently experience long delay on certain airline?
      Personally, if I flew one airline and got delayed, and I rarely fly that particular airline, I would not judge the airline by saying never flying again. There are many variables involved in making a decision whether to fly or not to fly a certain airlines. Perhaps I have to ask jjpb3 who took his second LH F flight and got delayed for more than 3 hours. I am curious whether he would say he would stop lying with them.
      Related to delays, as an example, I used to commute between PHL and SFO. Almost every 2 weeks I took UA. This was for several years. Yes, may be for someone who rarely fly, and suddenly got on the delayed flight (i.e. unlucky), he/she could swear never fly UA again. But with my so frequent taking UA, I considered those delayed as a bump on the road of my travel.
      In short, I would not make a rush judgement not flying certain airlines just because of a long delay flight.

Comment

MH has reportedly been plagued with lots of delays in recent months and numerous complaints regarding snack boxes. It seems to me that company profit goes first before the passengers satisfaction. Idris Jala's plan for a 5 star airlines with LCC cost seems to do him more harm than good. I have avoided MH in economy at all cost since my terrible experience last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Was that the only delay flight that you have encountered, or you consistently experience long delay on certain airline?
          Personally, if I flew one airline and got delayed, and I rarely fly that particular airline, I would not judge the airline by saying never flying again. There are many variables involved in making a decision whether to fly or not to fly a certain airlines. Perhaps I have to ask jjpb3 who took his second LH F flight and got delayed for more than 3 hours. I am curious whether he would say he would stop lying with them.
          Related to delays, as an example, I used to commute between PHL and SFO. Almost every 2 weeks I took UA. This was for several years. Yes, may be for someone who rarely fly, and suddenly got on the delayed flight (i.e. unlucky), he/she could swear never fly UA again. But with my so frequent taking UA, I considered those delayed as a bump on the road of my travel.
          In short, I would not make a rush judgement not flying certain airlines just because of a long delay flight.
          Well...i had it numerous time...for example..last month i was flying to KLIA from DPS and my flight was delayed from morning (forgotten what time it was) and i only departed 10pm...can you imagine this and i always fly domestically between malaysia and hard for me to get other airlines to fly around....

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
            It seems to me that company profit goes first before the passengers satisfaction.
            That, is precisely what Idris Jala was tasked with.

Can't say I blame him. People who do this job are transient in nature. They are appointed by the government to do certain things, before moving on to something else , something oestensibly better.

Prima Facie, he's done what he's supposed to, brand equity be damned. The long term ramifications are not his to deal with.

Comment

Working...
            X