X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [An SQTalk Exclusive!!] Back from the future! Terminal 3 pictures

Hi folks!! I am back

Back from the future :09 Jan 2008 to be exact

I took a ride in my (Marty) friend's car , a DeLorean. I dunno what happened but it just made a blast; I saw flashes of light and next thing I knew was I was on the tarmac in Changi T3.

Anyway, I am so excited!! Here're some pictures of my trip on the opening day of T3's first day of operations

Was a tad disorientated..so I quickly got my bearings by referring to this just outside the aerobridge I walked out from.

Took a walk down the quiet walkways and travellators...it was around 1145hrs..Operations starts in the afternoon.

As I strolled towards the centre part of the terminal..I could see and feel the distinct colors and difference in lighting and ambience

Some of the gates share a general baggage screening point as seen from the pix below for gates B1 B2 B3 B4. Beyond the screening points, the area is sterile...which means NO more shopping

Last edited by SQ LPP; 5 January 2008, 03:20 PM.

Plenty of shops and F&B outlets here in the new terminal.

Not to mention many open spaces, nooks and corners for plane spotting

Some of the airside non-sterile areas have windows right up to the ac. One can almost look into the ac's windows and aerobridges.

I like the way they put into good use of glass and skylight and yet contrast some of the transit areas for mood and have the ambience dimmed for relaxation. A very open feel overall...and the sense of vastness is quite overwhelming at first for one so used to T2. However, I do not get the cold bright metallic feeling like I do at some neighboring airports. Though, this is just my personal opinion I guess Changi being part of Singapore, will always use plants and greeneries to cozy up the Terminals.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 4 January 2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

The LOO-king glass

More evidence is found in the clever use of glass and greeneries.....

Male toilet just outside Gate Pee 6

This reminds me of Marty McFly

Environmentally friendly toilets behind the green wall.

Mirror mirror on the wall....who's the Greenest of them all?

Last edited by SQ LPP; 6 January 2008, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Was greeted with the all too familiar Lounge 龍's

Next to the KFG lounge on the left is where the SKL's are located...in between...is an outdoor area (not unlike a huge balcony) for smoking or plane spotting.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 5 January 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Like in T2...there are 2 ways to go down to arrival levels either from A or B sides depending on where we land.

Is it me or there are actually less Immigration counters in T3?? Albeit more auto clearance lanes.

The baggage carousel area (after immigration clearance) with the 300 meter signature green wall and sandstone carvings from Java entitled Rhythms of Nature, the sculpture by leading English sculptor and designer Richard North-Lewis comprises more than 5,000 individually-cut stone blocks.

A cascading water feature ....

More palm trees and the view from where I stood....it's got a see-thru feeling.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 9 January 2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

RCL/FCL/TPPS Drop off & Reception area

After this adventure...I quickly descended to Basement 1 where Marty was waiting for me in the pax pickup area and we took a ride back in the DeLorean and got home today (actually I hardly lost any time with the machine).

Back from the future.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 4 January 2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Kudos SQ Solitaire!

Even the road is red - how novel.

Comment

Excellent stuff. I'm glad you will have a nice time in the future.

Comment

This is definitely the best airport terminal so far in the area. I love how being a modern terminal it still has that cozy and warmth feeling....I really like the carpeted floor as well. It certainly makes walking around friendlier on our feet as well as reduce the screeching noise from the wheels of the pulled luggage.

And the toilets......what can I say? I just love them ..LOVE THEM.....I am glad they don't pull the Cafe Batavia's mirror mirror on the wall male toilet.

What do you think of the Krisflyer Gold Lounge? From the picture, it looks nice but quite open.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Excellent stuff. I'm glad you will have a nice time in the future.
                    You mean I had a nice time in the past? Wait.... or was it the future?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
                      You mean I had a nice time in the past? Wait.... or was it the future?
                      I don't remember, it was so long ago in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        This is definitely the best airport terminal so far in the area. I love how being a modern terminal it still has that cozy and warmth feeling....I really like the carpeted floor as well. It certainly makes walking around friendlier on our feet as well as reduce the screeching noise from the wheels of the pulled luggage.

And the toilets......what can I say? I just love them ..LOVE THEM.....I am glad they don't pull the Cafe Batavia's mirror mirror on the wall male toilet.

What do you think of the Krisflyer Gold Lounge? From the picture, it looks nice but quite open.
                        You gotta walk around to feel it yourself..I'm gonna do it again in the FUTURE

Toilets look like those in some 5* hotels...the view from the cubicle...priceless
                        But I reckon if anyone can look in from the outside (cleaners or gardeners) will say the same

The KFG lounge has 2 sections...if you see the pix again...there is a stretch of seats more intimate and in a warmer setting just behind the entrance where the lounge dragons are standing.

The other pix shows the outer area for those who prefer a more open feel.
                        I guess on a crowded day....claustrophobia may not be much of a problem.
                        Last edited by SQ LPP; 4 January 2008, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Great pics!

Just wondering - is the seperate area for RCL/FCL/TPP reception only for check in, or is it actually a lounge in its own right?
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Excellent, SQ Solitaire! Thanks for sharing the pics. T3 looks (or is that will look? ) nice!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              Great pics!

Just wondering - is the seperate area for RCL/FCL/TPP reception only for check in, or is it actually a lounge in its own right?

Similiar to the current kerb drop off, porter and check in service @ T2, this is just the reception area.

The only main difference is that the drop off area is isolated from the main traffic and the reception area is larger.

After a pax is checked in and ready to enter the Airside, he/she goes thru a back door....walks straight into a special immigration entrance and go straight on up to the SKLs via an escalator.

Some parts of the SKL:

Last edited by SQ LPP; 5 January 2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X