New Business Seats on Air Canada 4 NRT-YVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Business Seats on Air Canada 4 NRT-YVR

Originally, I made the booking on SQ flight from SIN to YVR via ICN. Then, SQFAN was thinking of canceling his trip to Singapore, which would mean one person less for 30 December SIN DO. In part for convincing him to keep his travel plan, I rebooked myself on the same flight as his SQ638 SIN-NRT and I connected to AC NRT-YVR. It showed that the flight should be the new configured herringbone style. But was not too sure, since equipment change might happen.

AC 4 scheduled to depart at 1700. The AC transfer counter desk only opened after 1400. Once SQFAN left, I stayed behind at NH F lounge. I know the rule says that the guest should leave when the host leave the lounge. But, I was very fortunate that the ladies let me stay behind.
    It looked like no pax went on SQ637. Most of the guests at the lounge left for NH flight to Chicago. Then between noon till 1400, I was there alone. Very very quiet.

After 1400, I went out to the transfer desk which just down the escalator away. But yeah, my booking was blocked. (My SIN-NRT SQ637 and NRT-YVR AC4 are in the same PNR, but as one of the weaknesses on StarAlliance, SQ in SIN could not issue the BP for my AC4.) Some of you know exactly the reason why it's blocked. But for the rest of you, just take it for granted. The check-in agent was horrified looking at her screen. She said she had to find out what's going on.. may be I don't have an E-tix.. and I said to her, it happens all the time when I am flying AC. I said to her that usually my passport number, date of birth and my residency status would unblocked the booking.
    Her expression was so priceless. She looked at me like I am an alien, especially when she asked me where my carry-ons were (in NH F lounge instead of NH C lounge .) She informed me that she had to contact her superior who was still at lunch. And she would look for me at the lounge.

By 1500, no one looked for me at the lounge, which was still empty. (I wonder why UA F pax doesn't viit this lounge. ) I decided to gather my belongings and went out heading for the transfer desk again.
    Once I got off from the escalator, I saw the girl gave another agent that looked like my passports. So, I guess everything was allright after all. Since I had a lounge invitation, I decided to go to RCC for the sake of memory and a change of environment. The greeter at RCC was surprised that I would want to visit RCC instead of NH C. She said "Are you sure you want to use this RCC? NH lounge is much better." Well, I said, I need to take care of something related to my UA tix, thus it would be easier to be at RCC.

After finishing my ticketing and posting couple menus on SQTalk, I walked back to Gate 46. Boarding should be around 1615. Waited a bit, but time flew by. I went to the ExecutiveFirst and *G line, and walked straight to the plane. Once entered the plane from Door 1, I turn right, and saw the new configuration. Hooray... I was assigned seat 1A.

Basically, this trip report will be pictures of the new seats!
    Hope it will be useful and informative...

Configuration is 1 - 1 - 1.
    The seats are similar to NZ seats, but not leather. Unfortunately, the overhead bins are still from the old 767. Thus small size.

It was a bit difficult to take pictures because the C section filled up quickly. Did not feel comfortable to snap away when pax on board. In addition, the boarding door is only from Door 1. Thus, the Y pax boarded soon.

Pax in 3A when noticing I took pics around, he offered to take my pic. So here you go.

Comment

He he he...I did ask the nice lounge dragon (as suggested by you) and she asked which flight you were on. I said AC and she said it was okay for you to stay on. I am surprised that no one came to you with your new AC BP.

I did sms you on my phone (had to be 3G) just as I arrived at my gate and hope you got it in time. Then again, with your special status mean more hassle. Makes the airport check-in workers work harder.

Looking forward to the new seat pics.

Comment

The stool is pretty small. And it says no seating. On NZ, the stool can be your seating area while dining together. And I also notice that the table leaf is pretty small. NZ has a large table.

The navy blue sack contains the bed padding and comforter.

The A side face the wall for the middle seats. So if you travel together and wants to have acroos the aisle, should choose the other side of the plane.

You see that the A side pax will have access to overhead bins above A seats as well as above the middle seats.

Comment

Around the seat

The reading light (unfortunately the regular light underneath the overhead bin was not working.) The on and off button is the green button atthe lower side.

The remote and the seats operation buttons

Comment

IFE

The screen is pretty big. Well, you can find the size info in AC website. AVOD.

Sennheiser Headphone

Comment

Behind the seat back

Comment

Around the seat

Comment

Table

Comment

As you can see below, my feet can not reach the stool. And being in 1A, the stool is where the curtain would be placed.

Comment

When seated, here what I see to the right side. There is a gren light above the divide with seat 2A.

And looking at the other side of the plane side...

Comment

Amenity Kits

Comment

The Bed

The bed is flat. I must say it is more comfortable than my TG F bed since I did not have any pain waking up. The bed padding is a help even though it's pretty thin. Only one pillow provided. But the top part of the bed (the head rest) can be adjusted. I mean the angle... so that my head can rest better.
                          While sleeping, the bed seems not as wide as on NZ bed.

NOTE: For NZ seats, we have to flip the seatback forward to make the bed. For new AC seats, you just press the button for sleep, and the seatback will recline towards 180 degrees.
                          Last edited by SQ LPP; 5 January 2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Ooh nice pics of Laurent

Thanks for sharing

Comment

From this one time experience on the new C product of Air Canada, I can say it's not bad. It's huge improvement from what the current product. And as always, since I like a flat bed, I will certainly take the new seat on AC. Hopefully AC will not do aircraft change since AFAIK not all aircraft had been reconfigured with new seats. Overall, the cabin looks more cramp than on NZ. If I am doing round-the world, and do not want to go through the US, this AC flatbed is a good alternative for the transatlantic as well as transpacific, considering SQ only flies 3 times a week for ICN-YVR.
                              And with SYD-YVR nonstop on AC, with this new seats, it's a good option, together with AKL-YVR on NZ.

Well, I should look for another AC new C seats on 777 aircraft in the future to try on. But I am sure, since it's the same flatbed, I will enjoy and rest well.

Just a quick note. I don't know how long ago that this 767-300 had been reconfigured with the new seats. Perhaps less than a year. It's unfortunate that the latch for my video screen had a problem. Perhaps wear and tear to quickly. Yes, while taking off, the latch seemed loose. Thus the screen got opened...

Overall, I was very satisfied with my flight experience. Great new flat bed seat. And the cabin crew was great on my flight. Good looking service director (i.e. purser or IFS). And two great older FAs.
                              Will add the menu in the menu thread later. And, just want to add that Laurent has a new playmate.

Comment

Working...
                              X