SIN - KUL - MAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN - KUL - MAS

For the first time ever I was actually scared on a plane. On December 10th I was unable to get any seats on SQ from BNE to KUL. So had to opt for QF and then a quick trip from SIN to KUL on Malaysian. Last time I flew MAS was in first and that was good. So this time a quick economy hope on MH610. It was one of there old Airbus planes.. and it looked like it to. From the speakers that kept crackling during announcements to the TV screens that were scratched. Anyway.. got past that until we started to taxi out. Every 10 metres or so there was this almighty bang/clunk noise. I thought ok maybe something is moving downstairs.. but nope it kept happening… every minute or so. So I am thinking oh my god.. what is going on here and started freaking out. It is not like you can say I now want to get off this plane when you are taxing out to the runway. Anyway got to KL all fine.. but still it clunked and crashed all the way to the terminal. Felt ill and took a good hour or so after landing to settle down. Flown so many times and this was the first time ever got a little freaked out. Let me say I will be avoiding that flight in the future.. ok next month.

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
    Let me say I will be avoiding that flight in the future.. ok next month.
    Sounds like a loose cargo pallet or something, and most likely seems an incident related to that particular flight on that particular day.

Which leads me to the point is that if you still feel unsafe, you ought to be avoiding that particular airframe, not MH610 as aircraft get rotated around. Thing is, you'll never know beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
      For the first time ever I was actually scared on a plane. On December 10th I was unable to get any seats on SQ from BNE to KUL. So had to opt for QF and then a quick trip from SIN to KUL on Malaysian. Last time I flew MAS was in first and that was good. So this time a quick economy hope on MH610. It was one of there old Airbus planes.. and it looked like it to. From the speakers that kept crackling during announcements to the TV screens that were scratched. Anyway.. got past that until we started to taxi out. Every 10 metres or so there was this almighty bang/clunk noise. I thought ok maybe something is moving downstairs.. but nope it kept happening… every minute or so. So I am thinking oh my god.. what is going on here and started freaking out. It is not like you can say I now want to get off this plane when you are taxing out to the runway. Anyway got to KL all fine.. but still it clunked and crashed all the way to the terminal. Felt ill and took a good hour or so after landing to settle down. Flown so many times and this was the first time ever got a little freaked out. Let me say I will be avoiding that flight in the future.. ok next month.

Well...i guess you are not the only one could hear that sound...especially their A330....i have come across many times flying to BKK & DPS on MH and while it was taxing on the runway, the sound would occur...and like SQ Flyergirl says...it is the sound coming from the cargo which was loose...no worries..or perhaps something loosen on their wheel...!!??

Comment

Originally posted by KevSQ View Post
        Well...i guess you are not the only one could hear that sound...especially their A330....i have come across many times flying to BKK & DPS on MH and while it was taxing on the runway, the sound would occur...and like SQ Flyergirl says...it is the sound coming from the cargo which was loose...no worries..or perhaps something loosen on their wheel...!!??

Thanks to both SQ Flyergirl and KevSQ..

So I am not completely losing it. It was shocking and yep.. it was one of two remaining A330 frist generations they have in their fleet according to their inflight mag.
        The crew would have to hear it.. you cant miss it. The only other time I have had noisy plane was the old 737 Brisbane to Townsville with Qantas. Its brakes would always shudder on landing minor in the scheme of things... but nothing compared to the MAS plane and it clunking.

Anyway will avoid them if I can. Hopefully SQ will have some seats ex-BNE .. come Feb with KUL-CGK-PEK and back home.

Comment

MH is now cutting the cost n want be a 5 star @ Low Cost Carrier airline company, so no better than SQ.

Comment

Hey whatsthequestionnow, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. The sound seems to be pretty normal for some A330s, at least it isn't exclusive to MH. What it seems to be is the hydraulic system coming into action as the pumps start to pressurize it. Really nothing to worry about.
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

do agree generally that MH A330s interiors are not well-kept as came across kinda broken inoperable seat rests, very worned seat covers, blinking interior side lights and that awful loud cranking sound which is not due to loose cargo but more of mechanical noise and it occurs at the start of taxiing and when the aircraft is braking somewhat. Lets hope the aircraft mechanicals are at least maintained as per required, but the loud cranking noises........

Comment

I think it may also be the same noise I heard when I flew on QF's new A330 not long after it got into service from SYD to MEL, and you can also hear comments from other pax about the noise.

Comment

Working...
                X